j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
When they did that last part on the circulating stream w/ the falls they mentioned that the crates they put in there were like using plastic milk crates so they did add a little for the DIY. Anybody watching could figure out kind of what they are doing and then go google and find what they did. @Big Lou you shoulda watched it all cuz I really like that stream w/ the falls that circulated.

Reaction score
I loved the stream in the hillside. I can't wait to make more water stuff!!! I snarled at how quickly they would get the pond rocks placed and $$$ not being an issue thou....Oh well, life styles of the rich and famous pond owners. I love my little 1000 gal that produced blood sweat and tears out of me! I'm out of room for a larger pond but a DIY bird stream is rolling in the back of my mind for this winter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have not had the chance to watch the whole thing yet but what I saw I liked :)

The stream and pondless waterfall was beautiful! They did a lot of planning and explaining about how and why they were doing certain things. The owners of the house specifically wanted a place that birds would be attracted to.

Would be awesome if they did follow up shows down the road to see how people are doing with their ponds.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I know its a bit of an aquascape commercial. but the show is entertaining. and this one should be interesting....
The Pond Stars meet the boys from Tanked! Certified Aquascape Contractors unite to build a pond for Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM's) Las Vegas, world headquarters. It's hot here but we are having a blast! Great group of guys!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I know its a bit of an aquascape commercial. but the show is entertaining. and this one should be interesting....
The Pond Stars meet the boys from Tanked! Certified Aquascape Contractors unite to build a pond for Acrylic Tank Manufacturing (ATM's) Las Vegas, world headquarters. It's hot here but we are having a blast! Great group of guys!

That's odd, since they are on competing networks.

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with go old American capitalism!! My skimmer and falls box are Aquascapes products I bought 2nd hand off Craigslist. Doin the job perfectly.

Reaction score
They didn't mention about poring products into their projects but I know what ya mean. The guys at Wedels do the same thing. A lady came in while I was there stating she has string algae in her pond. Guy says while handing her a large bottle, "this will get rid of it". She buys it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I can't even believe how many aquascape contractors I have come across that know basically nothing about establishing an ecosystem. Their answer to every problem is "pour one of our products into the pond".

What do you mean by "Aquascape contractor"? Aquascape doesn't have contractors - they certify contractors who run their own pond building businesses to use their products to build ponds. They don't work for the company.

Anyway, I think it's a fun show. I would enjoy more "how to" and less made up drama, but that's the state of TV today. Gotta have the "oh no! What are we gonna do NOW?" factor. But the end results are beautiful and hopefully will encourage people to consider a pond in their own yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
If pond stars and Dr. Who was on at the same time, I'd watch Dr. Who. Not saying it's a bad show but definitely not one of my favorites.

Reaction score
What do you mean by "Aquascape contractor"? Aquascape doesn't have contractors - they certify contractors who run their own pond building businesses to use their products to build ponds. They don't work for the company.

Anyway, I think it's a fun show. I would enjoy more "how to" and less made up drama, but that's the state of TV today. Gotta have the "oh no! What are we gonna do NOW?" factor. But the end results are beautiful and hopefully will encourage people to consider a pond in their own yard.
Rolling my eyes...

Ask a Question