addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I also do feel acceptance. It's like your car. All this time it's been pristine, then you get your first big ding on the door or something and you know it will never be the same again. Except in this case, I blew out one of the cylinders and forever more will be running on one less!

Absolutely love the way you put this! That is so darn true.
My honey went from feeling like super man, to broken............old............damaged........all within one week. But on the road up mentally and physically.

Fix the damaged car and make it better! Add a great paint job, change to the oil and it will keep on running for you.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
As far as running on one less cylinder, don't worry about it. Apparently Chrysler's trucks shut down cylinders at highway speeds to improve mileage, without any significant loss of performance. Just think.... you'll be going farther on less fuel!! :D
John

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
As far as running on one less cylinder, don't worry about it. Apparently Chrysler's trucks shut down cylinders at highway speeds to improve mileage, without any significant loss of performance. Just think.... you'll be going farther on less fuel!! :D
John
Actually, fuel is a very apt analogy. I won't be using fatty foods fuel that burns dirty. I'll be using cleaner fuel. However, this cleaner fuel doesn't taste as good!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Actually, fuel is a very apt analogy. I won't be using fatty foods fuel that burns dirty. I'll be using cleaner fuel. However, this cleaner fuel doesn't taste as good!
Yes, BUT you'll still be around to burn that fuel! ;)
John

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Yes, BUT you'll still be around to burn that fuel! ;)
John
But this is what it feels like:
Choice 1 - Eat mouse droppings and live as long as you want!
Choice 2 - Eat all you want and live a shorter life!

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
OK, so this morning I was dying for a fried egg sandwich dripping in mayo (no pun intended). Instead, I ate an egg white sandwich without anything. Then my wife fed me a concoction of pureed apple, carrot and mixed greens. Ugh, ugh, and triple ugh.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You'll learn to work around the different foods that taste weird to you. There are all kinds of spices nowadays to make them taste better. Mouse droppings w/ garlic and onions is really tasty.............I hear

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We still do real eggs, but converted to low fat mayo. I buy the organic, free range type eggs, expensive but good. All the reading you do, i.e. decent web sites, healthy eating sites, state that whole eggs are not bad for you. I just make sure the bread is a good high grain bread, high fiber high protein.

read this from u of berkley.............http://www.berkeleywellness.com/healthy-eating/nutrition/article/sunny-side-eggs

It's time to revisit the egg question and HOPEFULLY put an end to the myth that egg yolks are bad.
It seems that whole eggs have a long history of being both good for you, then bad for you (during the low cholesterol craze), and then good for you again. Almost every day, you hear this age-old myth: Whole eggs are bad for you because they contain too much cholesterol and fat.

Eggs have had a bad reputation because of their high cholesterol content: 210 milligrams in the yolk of a large egg. But, in fact, they do not raise blood cholesterol in most people, and they may even be good for your heart in some ways.

The truth is that the egg yolk is better for you than any other part of the egg. This fact has been completely obscured by bad information that resulted in the common misconception that egg yolks are bad. So, by keeping the egg white and discarding the egg yolk, you are getting rid of the part of the egg that has the most antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
The egg yolk has all the cholesterol and fat, but the egg yolk also ALL the nutrition! Check out the chart below comparing whole eggs to egg whites:

Capture5.JPG

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
It still remains that the yolks have almost 200mg of cholesterol which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Man, I just woke up from a very horrible nap.
- First I was in this cartoon game where I was underwater and trying to get somewhere before running out of breath. I woke up gasping 7-8x in quick succession.
- I went back asleep and next woke up gasping because I had been participating in a field hockey game (men's).
- For the next few times, I woke up posting this stuff on GBP only to find out I was still in bed.

I am definitely not back yet.

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wonder if some of those meds are messing w/ your mind or maybe you just need more rest. I don't dream much anymore, wish I did cuz I used to love the psycho ones I used to have, didn't want to wake up, wanted to see the end but ya know I never did :(

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I think I'm going to use this post kinda as a diary of my post MI symptoms.

Today was a bit scary. I thought I had a mini-stroke or something as I thought I had a blind spot in my vision but it went away after a while. Napping still with shortness of breath waking me up.

Arms and legs in some cases with huge bruises on them from the IV's. Left forearm with some pain symptoms on the skin possible due to nerve damage from IV. Right arm/wrist/hand with soreness not sure what from, hopefully will go away. BP down to normal, weight at 191lbs. Stomach upset from vastly different diet.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When they do the heart cath, they used to always go through you groin, femoral artery They are now using the artery at your wrist if they can, if they used it, it is an arterial stick, which can hurt and will hurt for a while after.

Honey was bruised all over.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've never been through anything like this nor my hubby but all I can say is good for you keeping a record of all that you are going through and do report it all to your doc too John. Your body will thank you for keeping to the good food for you way of eating. Keep up your exercise as we all should be doing regularly. I try to walk every day but I don't eat as well as I should. I am trying to do better tho. You said it would be hard for you to keep the stress down but that I bet is really important to do. Must be some kind of little procedure suggestions from your doc to do in moments of stress. Keep up the good work. You can be a good example to the rest of us :)

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Great job of getting back on the horse, John - even though you shouldn't eat like one anymore. Enjoy your holiday weekend and the wonderful weather. (y)

Ask a Question