addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are in a 300 gallon stock tank, each lotus is in one of the big buckets with rope handles from walmart. Our winter was warm this year, we did drop to 10.

The person I bought the tubers from lives in zone 6.

I'm planning on dropping mine to the bottom of the pond for the winter, once the leaves die off.
Good point, Addy, about not grooming the dead leaves off. I've been doing that, too! Learning as I go .... :) Thanks for yet another pointer.

The lady I picked mine up from raises them for sale. She said you can drown a lotus grooming the leaves. So I let them die off, if you look at a lotus stem it is full of holes. When the leaves die to the point of yuck the stem collapses.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reflection pond!

DSC03817a.jpg

DSC03812a.jpg

DSC03830a.jpg

DSC03805a.jpg

DSC03838a.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, those are postcard beautiful, Addy! And, I have the deep pink and peach colors from you, have seen each of them bloom so far, and the peach one rises above the water like yours are doing! Such beautiful flowers, thanks again for sending me some starts.
And, thanks once again for the lotus pointers. I keep wanting to go to the nursery and check to see if they have any lotus, but I know they will be VERY expensive, so I'm waiting for August, when I can use my $40 in coupons and then see if they have any left. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Home again! unreal growth since we have been gone, star gazer lilies blooming beautifully.

Here are some updated pictures

DSC03908.jpg

DSC03909.jpg

DSC03897.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

DSC03903.jpg

DSC03904.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My goodness you had a blooming explosion while your were gone and look at the pretty butterflies hanging out there!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are so many butterflies, dragonflies, bees..............all over swarms of them

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They were happy to see me...........I think. I left food with my neighbor, measured out quantities. She loves to feed them, told her once a day or every other day is all they would need.

The deck shubbies are getting huge, soon heading for the big pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If I could see my poor little lost in the green shubbies I would be able to tell if they were fattening up or not.............but alas I will wait for the clearing of the green sea!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Gorgeous pics of lilies, Addy! I've never seen that type, so very beautiful to see so many in full bloom, and I was a butterfly catcher as a child, so really enjoyed seeing the swallowtail pics as well. You're lucky to have lots of bees. They are few and far between around my place. Now that I sprayed the white clover in my yard (and the rest has died in the lack of rain), I see even less. Don't see them on any of my flowers. I don't know how you find places to add more flowers. Your hillside is so beautiful with all types of flowers. Your place needs to be in some magazine. Wait, your reflection pond pics need to be on a postcard, your gardens need to be in a magazine, someone needs to get on that! You could be brining in lots of moola! :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I leave the clover growing, usually make sure the blade is high enough to not affect the flowers. We have bees everywhere.

The parrots feather is loving the stream pond, occasional water flow. Nice and healthy.

DSC03916.jpg

cycle of life..........the spider had the moth tied up within seconds.

DSC03925.jpg

New little baby rabbit nibbler

DSC03941.jpg

Mini lotus in the stream pond

DSC03917.jpg

Ask a Question