pond pumps and filters

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I looked at one this morning, and think I've found your problem. When you first contacted me, I assumed the pump was running when the bubbles were coming out of it, but then you said it was BEFORE you even plugged it in! This style of pump has empty areas that fill up with water when first submerged. This was what you saw, the bubbles. When you take it out of the water, these chambers drain, hence the water running out! Put it back in the pond, wait for the bubbles to stop, and plug it in. It should work then. And yes, the shaft and rotor sit in water, that's perfectly normal. Hope this helps.
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thanks john and I put on the new O ring since I had one .When you buy the ones for my kitchen sink filter you have to buy a set of different kinds .It is a rip off since out of 6 O rings for 8 dollars you only need 1 of the different sizes ,a rip off but could not find the right sizes for it at the time .I guess they will send me another O ring anyways .I will try it out again and see what happens now that I put the new one on

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just wanted to report in on new pump and still great and watts used still the same on the first pump and second pump watts used is now 42 watts for 940 gph and guessing it found it's sweet spot like laguna said and will keep running at that .Now to wait for new liner and work begins .Trying to plan it out so no mistakes are made

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to hear sissy and I'm sure you will get your new liner in just perfect (y)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh if it doesn't kill me .The weight says 130 lbs for shipping but when I looked at other sights that charge for shipping liners the size I got says 155 lbs ,so not sure which one it is .I pulled the hand truck up and put air in the tires so I can take it straight down by the pond and put it under the front porch

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's what you get w/ your nice warm temps. No bugs out here........................not us either tho. Guess you gotta take the bad w/ the good.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pond liner left Richmond VA and headed for Danville VA and then my house

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Heavy work coming to your door soon sissy. Better eat some good energy building foods cuz you will need it sissy. Do you have anyone to help you?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no afraid no one ,at least last time my hubby could help a little .So gonna have to eat my spinach .I have asked but nephew said he would but he is all the way down in Norfolk VA and don't want to make him drive that far

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Lift with your legs, Sissy, not your back!
Sorry, but that's about all the help I can give you on this project. :smuggrin:
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well got the liner and poor ups man .He was glad I brought the hand truck out to him .Says over 70 lbs on box and he said boy did they not want to let them know just how much it weighs .I got 9 fish out of the pond .Darn 4 babies about an inch long .Aggie and bert are left to catch .I think there may be a couple of more babies too .Tomorrow is another day .Rain stopped just before UPS man arrived and sun came out and got up to 62 .Put aerator hose in tanks and filters are going and tested the water A -OK ..Covered the tanks with window screening .Took pond liner down by pond and no easy feet going around the front of the property with that slope and the ground is squishy wet .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have also thanked Debbie and DR .Foster and Smith for all her help in figuring out the right size liner and getting it here so quick

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wish I could help you but can only root,root,root for you while you slave away sissy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well thought I would update my pumps and filter post and say pumps are working great and electric bill has gone down greatly .sump pump hose and filters working good even though plants are not growing good .Had to buy new stainless steel pipe clamps because I bought some and package said stainless steel but they were rusting .New ones doing OK

Attachments

• splendors gate a pond may2014 016.JPG
    splendors gate a pond may2014 016.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 213
  • july 26th 2014 yarden 031.JPG
    july 26th 2014 yarden 031.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 223
  • july 26th 2014 yarden 048.JPG
    july 26th 2014 yarden 048.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 198
  • shed pond butterfly 014.JPG
    shed pond butterfly 014.JPG