sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well remember the like on face book for extra 15 percent off .I figure I would recoop the cost in a year in savings in electric

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well ordered my second laguna pump sunday and should be here soon .I figured since the first one was only using 106 watts when it hit it sweet spot for running .I ordered the second one 960 gph and says 57 watts and guessing it will use less wattage than that when it hits it's sweet spot .At least I am hoping for lower wattage .Looked at my electric meter and it sure is spinning slower since I put in the new pump .I looked at the meter before I went down to change out pump and counted the turn overs and then after the new pump

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have to mention my meter is the new digital one and it actually tells you how many watts are being used in your house at any one time .Has 3 reading numbers on it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pics from today of pond and pump .Still have to get up more of the kitty litter that the fish dumped out of the new lotus tubers pot

Attachments

• pond pics 2014 007.JPG
    pond pics 2014 007.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 209
  • pond pics 2014 006.JPG
    pond pics 2014 006.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 210
  • pond pics 2014 014.JPG
    pond pics 2014 014.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 240

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmmm, now you got me wondering how fast mine is spinning right now using the Pondmaster pump. We have the new digital one now also.
Glad you are getting good results w/ your new Laguna. I'm still planning on getting one just not sure when yet. I keep putting it off cuz my old one works so well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my old ones worked also but looked and house is using 258 watts of power right now and that is because 3 computers are on dishwasher is going and heat pump was on and 2 led tvs and whole house filter and well pump is on .I went on my electric company sights and I can now look at it minute by minute and it can also tell me what is running at the time .It took 2 hours to list every thing in the house buy model and watts of power it is supposed to use and also the year of each item .Most power being used by my house right now is the heat pump .Sun is out here now so heat pump should not come on as much .I went with the smart house registry on my utility company .It says right now pump is using 104 watts so went down to check and they are right on .Still have to add on the led recessed can lights ,I forgot them

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Tells me also when something is using more electric than it should and may need service .That is a big help .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wonder if I can go online here and do what you did and see all that info?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No clue they just started it here about 6 months ago .Took me a long time to go through all my new appliance books to get all the numbers right .dollars .I can also do a monthly check or keep it running .Hate to say but my dell computer ,the vista one is using my electric than I want it to .It has an LED monitor .Even the phones plugged in use more than I thought they would .It also shows you what you are using on wasted plugged in items that are not running .I unplugged some of them already .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Cool sissy and did they mail you a notice saying you had this available to do on the internet? We have not received anything about it yet but then we are the only house on our road that has the digital. They said they were only replacing them when the old ones go bad. Ours must have been not reading correctly. I suppose when the majority of homes have them maybe they will offer that option to us all.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
No my account is online to start with and I was looking up my bills and average usage of my power bills and noticed it in the corner that said it was a new option if i wanted to sign up for it .It was free to sign up but our meters here have been digital for about 3 years .They are now looking to add wind turbines but a lot of people are fighting it ,why I don't know.I have been slowly adding all my stuff but decided to add a lot of the stuff on at one time .I did for get my driveway led lights and a few other things

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just went and looked online and no option for that yet. They don't even say anything about the new digital meter that we now have. Oh well maybe someday we will get that new option to see what all our appliances are using. We are the wild wild west out here I guess and have not caught up w/ you guys back east of us.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm rural and geeze here the cows need a GPS to find us .The first time I got my gps it told me I was driving in a field and to be careful because the area I was at was unmapped and had no roads .Still have problems with the gps finding my address to this day .

Ask a Question