Pool Skimmer Installation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
I didn't mean to insinuate mechanical filtration is not there, just that I'm used to seeing a much higher recommended turnover rate in regards to aquariums. I know ponds are a different beast. I'm probably going to go for the ES2500, it's only $10 more than the ES1500, so $10 for an extra 1000GPH....easy choice.

I wish I had more room for a bigger pond (except the cost of liner), but I am pretty limited on what I can do because of my backyard size, easements, and utility lines.

Reaction score
No insult taken. I was just giving example. BTW, you can always go deeper. That's what I'm doing this fall. I'm moving all of my fish into a winter/QT tank that I'm building in my garage and digging down to about 5'. That should solve my water temp problem next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
I thought about that, but, 1) extra cost for liner, and 2) I might as well build myself a pool if I go that deep! LOL

I'd only consider making it deeper if there was a need to, like keeping a certain type of fish. I'm still looking for info on keeping bass in small ponds. People keep them in aquariums, so I don't see why a small pond wouldn't work.

Reaction score
I had a pool that we never used. I had pulled it down (above ground) and thrown it away before I even thought about the pond or I would have a 4 foot deep, 18' round blue hole in the ground.

Ask a Question