j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They are gorgeous hunks of muscle those dogs! Nice the lady told you after you got him home that he hated males,lol!

Reaction score
It got down to 27 last night so we hung a heat lamp outside on the porch for the really big, smelly one Looney. You can bathe her and she will run right out to a pile of ashes and roll in it, she just hates smelling clean. We let the adult Rotts in and Rebel was snoring really loud this morning, they are outside playing now and it's 32. I hope to have the roof on the porch today.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's funny.............the really big smelly one,lol! She prolly smells real nice to the males.......................it's her nice perfume...............Channel #K-9!
She'll like it too when you get the roof on the porch and she might just let you sit out there sometime. I mean she must think you are doing all this for them right? :LOL:

Reaction score
That's funny.............the really big smelly one,lol! She prolly smells real nice to the males.......................it's her nice perfume...............Channel #K-9!
She'll like it too when you get the roof on the porch and she might just let you sit out there sometime. I mean she must think you are doing all this for them right? :LOL:

No dogs on the new side! That's our side. I finished the roof joists and got three sections of roof up before I stripped out the driver for the self tapping screws. The roof goes on quick then I can put up the lights, speakers, stereo and fridge. Once we have our space back I'll start on the pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh I see, segregation of the species,lol! You are really moving along quickly and can't wait to see how you do the pond! Darn tools giving out on ya!!!

Reaction score
Well the rafter, joists and roof are done. This was quite a task doing everything by myself with a torn up rotator cuff in my right shoulder. By night I was really hurting. That is a 16 foot support holding up the rafters so they won't sag and getting it in place by myself was a chore. I could climb through the rafters from my ladder and screw down the roofing.. until I slid the last one up. i pulled my truck up, put the ladder on the hard cover of the bed, then carefully eased up on top, trying to stay on the rafters by looking at the screws...

pupsnporch006.jpg

So far, the gate isn't up and the dogs know it's off limits so they walk to the opening, then back away. I want to leave the BBQ pit there so we can use it when it rains all day, but my wife wants it down...

pupsnporch007.jpg

In case you didn't notice, Queen B*tch "Freeway" our totally deaf cat knows that the rules don't pertain to her....

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-- Robert Heinlein

pupsnporch008.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good work Bullfrog and I agree w/ the saying about women and cats :rolleyes:

You're gonna have some nice shade in the hot summer w/ that good roof over ya! We are hoping top be able to put a roof over our back deck. The guy who did our lean to for the shop is trying to come up w/ a good way to attach the roof to our house as it's different levels and angles. He does nice work and found out he is a Mennonite from Pennsylvania taught to make some really nice furniture. That's really his specialty and what he likes to do.
See what I mean about our house and the difficulty on attaching a cover especially on the left and right ends:

IMG_3650.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jw nice deck...........now make a deck pond

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You never know addy. Would be safer from the heron if a covered deck was over it.

Cool that your house may sell Bullfrog. Extra money for building your new pond at your new place!

Ask a Question