Post your yard and pond visitors

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
Ireland
i had a pair of blackbirds take a bath today in my waterfall one washed while the other watched for predators
it was a stop and look episode for us, isnt it great how nature makes you forget everything for a brief moment
and helps relax the body and mind
it sent us into a peaceful happy tranquil place for a short duration and then they flew away just as refreshed as us

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lots of visitors hanging around today. We have a pair of chickadees nesting in the blue bird house near the pond, so they're constantly back & forth. Our Blue Dasher dragonflies are starting to return (they rule the pond all summer!) and I rescued a Cope's gray tree frog from one of the skimmers (he was so grateful, he consented to pose for a few pictures. lol) All in all, a good wildlife day around here. :)
chickadee parents 01.jpg
chickadee parents 02.jpg
dasher 01.jpg
tree frog 01.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looked out the rainy window today and saw that the bird feeder fell. It stood upright in the lawn and the birds didn't see to notice. They continued using it like normal. Funny watching them sit on the perches a few inches off the ground.

At the same time I noticed it had fell, I saw this female grosbeak eating from it.
IMG_0447 copy.jpg

Ask a Question