j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It wants to reach for the sky and live,lol! Sorry to be so dramatic but we just got through watching the movie Black Swan,lol!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, my little lilies are slowly sprouting out -- how fast are they supposed to grow? Realized that the container I have them in wasn't allowing them to get much sunlight (sides too tall) so moved them to a more shallow container for the time being. Maybe that will help.

Anyone know about an iris called African iris? I saw a plant when I was in central TX last weekend that caught my eye. Took pics of it, and was finally able to get an ID from our HOME DEPOT plant guy. It was pretty in its simplicity, and the best way to describe my impression was it reminded me of an orchid (have since read that same description about the blooms). Am going to try and find this same iris, as it's supposed to do well near ponds. The flower is "in a flat plane," (guess that means the petals aren't droopy?), is a creamy yellow with 3 purplish spots in the center. Plain but pretty!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Found a picture of it on the net............what a beauty! http://www.floridata.../d/diet_iri.cfm

African Iris.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
JW - that's not the exact one (variety?), but I agree ..... LOVELY! And prettier than "mine." May have to rethink this... ;)

Let me look for a link I found with the variety in question. Actually, I've seen photos of it, but nothing that lists IT'S name. I sent an email to the university where I saw it, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That one is pretty also! Lots of pretty ones out there.........just get one of each,lol!

Ask a Question