Rob & Amy's Pond

This is our self built pond. The pond is 18ft X 26ft the depth is 3ft at the deepest area with a 19ft stream. It has 3 pumps and 4 bio filters, 1 Bio filter with 22" waterfall and a large skimmer. Approximately 3500 gals.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@RobAmy what's the depth of your stream? And it looks like you did a slight ledge at the edge before it runs into the pond with the liner and then put down stone over the top of it?
@tbendl

The stream varies in depth from 2 inch to 6 inches, this is the actually the water depth. The sides are more like 8" in depth. It looks like a ledge but actually what I did is made pooling pockets so the stream would keep getting wider with the water flow. The streams starts at 22 inches then goes to 6 feet. The water flows about a 1/2 inch over the stones where in exits into the pond. Yes the liner is higher on the edges for the entire stream but not by much. the depth is at 6 inches at the deepest but the entire stream has crushed stone so the water flow over the top is about 1/2 inch to about 2 inches max over the entire stream except where the large stones are obviously which the water flows around. Hope that makes sense. If not please let me know and I will try to explain it differently. I never truly measured the depths so they are approximate numbers but I am close.

Also do not let the pictures confuse you. I have the stream liner down first only to test my pooling pockets out. I pulled back the stream liner then lined the entire pond then overlapped the stream liner over the pond liner.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very nice pond.
QUESTION: HOW DID YOU, HOW DOES ONE TAKE A PANORAMIC VIEW OF A WIDE POND?
YOU WERE ABLE TO DO SO SUCCESSFULLY.
WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO SO. WE LOVE LOVE LOVE OUR POND-WATERFALL BUT CAN'T CAPTURE THE WHOLE VIEW.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very nice pond.
QUESTION: HOW DID YOU, HOW DOES ONE TAKE A PANORAMIC VIEW OF A WIDE POND?
YOU WERE ABLE TO DO SO SUCCESSFULLY.
WE HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DO SO. WE LOVE LOVE LOVE OUR POND-WATERFALL BUT CAN'T CAPTURE THE WHOLE VIEW.

You have to take multiple pictures and overlap them when you do. Then stich them together with a program like Adobe Photoshop. The pond picture was a total of 6 pictures. The reason you overlap is so the program can align the pictures correctly. Some point and shoot cameras and cell phones take okay pano shots too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I find most of the panoramic you take using a point and shoot or phone camera have distortion in the image - like looking through a fish eye. haha!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I find most of the panoramic you take using a point and shoot or phone camera have distortion in the image - like looking through a fish eye. haha!
You are correct, they are not my first choice. Some of the distortion can be corrected in software. Here is a piano from my older phone.

Photographers view by A & R Photography, on Flickr

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is a panoramic shot with my lg phone, not a bad phone not the best phone camera. I think it does not look bad i.e. fish eyed. The view from our water way condo, some day we need to say bye to the renters and live there ourselves.

20170105_100459_Pano.jpg

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I look at this every once in a while, and its truly inspiration.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Phenomenal photo's there guy's your definitely very passionate about your photography.
Your pond is looking very natural nice job . if I may can I ask how many GPH your pushing up/ down the stream?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Phenomenal photo's there guy's your definitely very passionate about your photography.
Your pond is looking very natural nice job . if I may can I ask how many GPH your pushing up/ down the stream?
@GBBUDD Sorry for the delay I was in Costa Rica. I have about 6000 GPH going thru the stream. We do love nature photography for sure. Thanks for the Comment.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I caught this guy at work the other day.

Attachments

• Ice Eagle   (1 of 1).JPG
    Ice Eagle (1 of 1).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 218

Ask a Question