Share Spring Photos Here!

Reaction score
marsh marigold, and bog bean starting to bloom.

DSC_1936.JPG DSC_1935.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had some Marsh Marigold once but it just disappeared one year and never saw it again. Yours look nice and plentiful and pretty blooms coming on the Bog Bean EH.

I have a correction to make on one of my photo's I posted here. The one I called Lung Wort is Forget Me Nots.........the little blue flowered ones.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are one to two green frogs in each stream pond, this is the smallest one

Some rain, some sun...........the carnivorous plants are sending up tons of buds.

nice cool spring blooming like crazy, it survived the freeze, close to the house

The hawk loves frog snacks, sitting on the camera looking for one

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad your carny plants and Clematis didn't get hit w/ the cold. They are both lovely! Like mr frog and mr hawk but hope they don't meet up in mr hawk's tummy. Have a nice safe trip addy and you'll get your warmth down south for sure :regular_waving_emot

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We will, thanks JW, weather down there..................hot and muggy..............

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Love that metal doggy art Addy! Very sweet puppy and your Carnivoreous pitcher plants are "To Die FOR!!"

Love all your pictures people, and very happy cause I have nice spring flowers too!

Attachments

• IMAG8033-1.jpg
    IMAG8033-1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMAG8038.jpg
    IMAG8038.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMAG8098.jpg
    IMAG8098.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMAG8105.jpg
    IMAG8105.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMAG8079.jpg
    IMAG8079.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 190
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful pics everyone. Love the little frog, Addy. I have not seen hardly any frogs lately, not since really warm spell a month or more ago. Just one lonely bullfrog, and he has been AWOL since the winds picked up over the weekend. Probably was out today, while I was at work, and forgot to look after work.
Yippee, Colleen has flowers! We knew they would arrive sooner or later. :banana: :blueflower:
I wish now I had bought some of those carnivore plants at the plant show last year in the spring. I think I will put that on my "to buy" list for next year! They never have anything like that in our stores, and if they do, they are the Venus Fly Trap plants, and probably not hardy here. First time ever saw the pitcher plants was in your bog bed, Addy, and then at the flower show in Chicago last year in the spring. Planning to go next year again. Keep showing us pics, so we will know what we can have someday .... You have them in a bog type setting, if I recall, right? Kind of close to the house, somewhat sheltered from the weather, and with a liner underneath, but where the water doesn't sit there, just keeps it moister than other areas. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Everyone's gardens look so beautiful!! Addy, I love your pitcher plants! I tried to put one in my bog last year and it died. Maybe I will try again! Here are some of the pretty flowers I have popping up! Also, I have buds on my iris and my clematis, and I think maybe on my honeysuckle too, but no flowers on those yet. My magnolia is my favorite ever, but after that I have to say I'm so in love with my pink and yellow Columbine. There's just something about that flower.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 204
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 200
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 228
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 188
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 200
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hmm ... thanks for letting me know about the drying winds. It sure has been dry and windy here, even after all that rain. Having to water plants in hanging baskets every evening. Pretty plants, Jen!!! I, too, love the columbine. I have a purple that is bi-color. Wish they lasted longer, but enjoy them while they are blooming.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Here are the caladiums I started from bulbs. Took forever to sprout, but they are growing faster once they get going.
Green and white and green and pink caladiums started from bulbs.JPG
My clematis are blooming, but nothing like Addy's above!!!
Pink clematis .JPGTwo pale pink clematis.JPGVery large purple blue clematis.JPG
I love these huge irises, they are larger than my hand across. Need to move them, so will be placing them behind other plants that take longer to emerge, and bloom later.
Purple and white iris.JPGXL irises.JPG
This bumblebee and others are sure enjoying the wisteria blooms.
Bumblebee on wisteria.JPG

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Very nice, CE, not too sure what a caladuim is, but I really love big irises, I got some nice German irises that get really big too! I really need to get some clematis, my mom loves them, not sure where I would put them, but some day I will try one again, the last one I got just died... never did well for me at all, next time I will try a different spot!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Colleen, I learned two things about clematis, after trying them repeatedly year after year. They would grow, bloom, then not come back. First, don't cut off the dead looking growth. The new comes on some if not most of the dead looking growth from the year before. Second, and I learned this at the mini gardening seminars this spring, you should plant something at the base of the clematis plant that is growing in the summer. It needs to shade the soil where the clematis roots are, as they do not care for hot roots in the summer. It worked for me last year, the clematis came back, even though I just learned the shaded roots tip this year. I had a hosta that was planted at the base of the vine, so I guess that helped me! I have both of mine growing on the east side of my house, so they get shaded in the late afternoon anyhow.

Ask a Question