So, how is your vegetable garden doing this year?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
chipmunk-eating-tomato-300x300.jpg

Yum-yum!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks to lady 3 houses down, block had a large feral cat colony. Then coyotes moved in, feral cats disappeared. Past 2 summers chipmunks everywhere. At first they where cute now big pests. Hoping for Red Tail Harks to move in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Nyboy, post: 353587, member: 9390" Past 2 summers chipmunks everywhere. At first they where cute now big pests..[/QUOTE]
Yeah that^^^!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Finally peppers are going...sick of tomatoes...neighbors sick of tomatoes...lol. Another round of sauce made today. Freezer is getting full.
20170923_154444.jpg
20170923_114912.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm making perhaps my last Eggplant parmesan of the year, but my tomatoes are still going strong, nice and green leaves and full of fruits!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Anyone grow Shishito peppers? Had them last 2 years. I would build a greenhouse to keep them going year round if I could. Supposedly, 1 in 10 is super hot. Hubby ate one that burned his mouth. I have yet to find one that is hot and I've eaten over 100!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Tomatoes are going nuts ... Okra is really starting to come on now. Smoked a few last week on the smoker/grill talk about yummy. Also smoked a bunch of peppers and a turkey breast. Not all peppers were from the garden but local market had them on sale and still waiting for mine to kick in high gear.View attachment 103159 View attachment 103160 View attachment 103161 View attachment 103162
i tried to grow okra a few years ago, all leaf and stems with little fruit. The yield for me hasn't enticed me to try another batch. Haha, before I read you piece, I thought the turkey was a big Chicken mushroom. We had an abundance of snails and slugs this year in NJ. Should have baited them with beer but seasons basically over with the exception of some lettuce and stragglers. No Fall plantings this year, like kale and such as the bugs will get them this year with the mild weather we are having here this Fall.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Anyone grow Shishito peppers? Had them last 2 years. I would build a greenhouse to keep them going year round if I could. Supposedly, 1 in 10 is super hot. Hubby ate one that burned his mouth. I have yet to find one that is hot and I've eaten over 100!

I've been looking for plants around here to no avail, did you start from seeds?

Ask a Question