sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
NEVER HAPPENS NEVER .Great looking pond but bet you you will tweek it here and there :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It's been awhile and it is looking good .Plants really look great .Ponds have a way of bringing people together

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I just found your thread, OMG, I wish I could afford all the rock you have in your pond! I love the affect and the way you did it! Thanks for sharing your project. Good luck with it!

Reaction score
I just found your thread, OMG, I wish I could afford all the rock you have in your pond! I love the affect and the way you did it! Thanks for sharing your project. Good luck with it!

Thank you all.

The rock wasnt bad. Used 2 tons of 4-5" thick and 1 ton of 2-3" thick. It costs around $300 for all the rock (including peebles on bottom). Hand busting the rock is the hard part but man is it rewarding when it is done. Also remembering to keep the rocks completely level at the waterline (your eye catches it because the water always level). Got to give a big shout Waterbug for all the tips on the masonry work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That looks like farm more than 3 tons of rock! I bought 2 skids of rock, $175 each, had to haul it one skid at a time, as they told me it was about a ton each skid. That did the outer edge of my goldfish pond and that's it! But, mine are larger chunks, so I guess took up more weight with thickness rather than thinner pieces. Still, I love what you did! I hope that algae never grows on it, and you can always see your beautiful sculpture under the water, too! It's gorgeous! Quite a master piece!

Reaction score
Update:

After a summer of running, I noticed my water level lowering. I started to freak out thinking there was a hole. Turned off the waterfall and viola, no more water loss. So I reraouted the filter outlet to the side of the pond for winter. After much examination, I am pretty sure the water is running off to the left side of the waterfall toward the patio. Put a level to it and it is sloping toward the patio (which is away from the waterfall). Guess I will be rebuilding that when it warms up a bit.

Reaction score
callingcolleen1 said:
Did you ever seal the mortar and or have problems with high PH due to mortar? Nice pond!
Thank you. I really only had large movements in pH from morning to night. After a few water changes, this stopped after the summer was over. I had snails, tad poles (until the Koi got in there), and Koi in there and they didnt mind the swing in pH. I also have never sealed my mortar.
Waterbug said:
For those keeping track of where leaks are found:

Spitting frog fountains: 1
Pipes: 4
Pond liner: 18
Around skimmer: 123
Edge of pond: 987
Waterfall: 78,954,641
Perfectly stated.

Ask a Question