the best heron/egret video ive seen

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this is by far the best home pond getting hunted from by a heron/egret ive seen yet and ive watched more than a few...i dont how this person sat and watched this bird do this!!!
[ame]

Reaction score
wow! Okay now I know why I made my pond nearly 4 feet deep!

I can't believe the person just sat there taking the video while the darn thing ate some of his fish!

Reaction score
I doubt the person sat there watching this happen. Probably set up the camera to catch what was taking their fish?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i kind of miss the one that was visting my yard....shooting it in the A$$ was becoming part of my morning coffee and BB gun ritual!!! oh well...lol

Reaction score
I actually have one of those automatic motion sensor scarecrow things that the hose hooks to. It keeps the birds, neighbor's dogs and everything away. I used to have fish missing all of the time. My neighbor's dog would jump in the pond and tear all the plants to bits. He killed fish and even tore my liner once. I finally found something to put an end to that problem. The BB gun worked, too. That was when I was outside and could see what was going on. LOL

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you hear it bothways on the scarecrows...some say its great some say its garbage...who do you believe? Ms daisy only has to tell them a few times...they seem to stay away! at least thats been my experience.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I know of 11 pond owners here that use the scarecrow and all are happy with them.
One of the owners kept missing fish and didn't know why. He told me the scarecrow was useless. Then one morning he was setting at the kitchen table and saw the culprit take a dive in his pond and fly away with a 14" fish.
Osprey
I also have a neighbor who uses it for deer, the only time they hate it is when they forget to turn it on.
The only problem with Ms daisy you need to be there when the heron is there.

koiguy1969 said:
you hear it bothways on the scarecrows...some say its great some say its garbage...who do you believe? Ms daisy only has to tell them a few times...they seem to stay away! at least thats been my experience.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Regarding the scarecrow...
It might work on egrets but it does not work on raccoons. I kept losing fish when I had one.
You also run the risk of a hose bursting and flooding your pond if you depend on it during the day or night when you are not available.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
protected species WELL SO ARE MY FISH

Attachments

• heron warning.jpg
    heron warning.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 262

Ask a Question