viewing our fish via the net, for anybody interested

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
wonder what the limit is on users? i just tried to check in and it said "many users to connect, please try again"

your pond will now be my "zen" moment at work since i cant look at my own pond :razz:

hehe.. got it now... and if you happened to notice your camera going crazy.. that was me scanning the yard... just hoping to bypass the those blocks and cath you in the hottub, lol/

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know, guess I need to read up some more

Made a few more users gpf1, gpf2 gpf3 gpf4 gpf5

Glad you are enjoying it

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy I guess I should log out when I go away from my puter. Did not know there was a limit on viewers. Don't want to be a hog, lol!
Maybe you can set a limit yourself on how long each person can view so it is fair to all?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy I guess I should log out when I go away from my puter. Did not know there was a limit on viewers. Don't want to be a hog, lol!
Maybe you can set a limit yourself on how long each person can view so it is fair to all?

Nah you are an administrator jw, there should be no conflict with you and a gph user, I made 6 user log in's it should handle that. We have a wireless ip camera that states only 5 can see at a time, but not using that one. This is a dvr. I will read up on it.

when I first set this up, just set up one user, that probably locked a different user out if someone was logged in. So now have 6 set up.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Addy why is it when I log in sometimes that I get 9 black squares and other times I log on I all 4 pictures.

Hey who is moving camera 2? Anyway I was trying to see what the bush or plant is that looks like it is blooming purple on your hill in front of your pond.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy why is it when I log in sometimes that I get 9 black squares and other times I log on I all 4 pictures.

Hey who is moving camera 2? Anyway I was trying to see what the bush or plant is that looks like it is blooming purple on your hill in front of your pond.

When I do it from home over the external net it seems it is some times slow to load, I usually back out and then back in and it works fine. It may also be if there is too many users on one of the log ins, so far I know two can use one user id.

The purple flower is a phlox. They are doing a rebloom, love the smell of them. My pond hyacinths are blooming again, but the ladder with the pond camera on it is blocking them.

You can move the ptz camera, in testing with jw found out the gpf members can play with it. So if I am out there, can guarantee it will be unplugged lol. It will get confused if a lot of peeps are trying to move it at once. Sigh now I need to keep the yard picked up lol, except our yard is not the beautiful groomed yard you have tmann........... Still have a bunch we need to do, finish the deck put in stairs, finish the top pond on and on lol, like everybody, never ending project.

It does a 10x zoom and then a 10x digital zoom, the digital is just increasing pixels, so the picture does get pretty blurry.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How do you keep the weeds under control in that big yard of yours? It is a constant battle for me, especially that nutsedge.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How do you keep the weeds under control in that big yard of yours? It is a constant battle for me, especially that nutsedge.

no clue what nutsedge is lol. (just looked it up, don't think I have much of that here) I used to use round up off and on, but now that I know it kills frogs I just pull what ever grows where I don't want it.
The main thing I fight is that spurge, and vines, they pop every where.......... and some plants that just appear over night lol, bush type with small little greenish flowers.

oh and poison ivy........

I use 20 yards of mulch every summer sometimes two deliveries. Try to keep the flower and plant area well mulched, that seems to help. The lawn, is grass/weeds...........too much grass to care if it is weedy lol still takes me about 2 hours to mow it, with a fast zero turn mower .........

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
When I log into addy's camera I change the pictures to be 4 squares cuz that's how many views there are. I don't know if it changes for others when I do that or not? Hope it wasn't me who was bugging your viewing of the plants by moving the camera this morning tmann, lol! Guess we will have to designate our preferences on times to move it and take turns, lol.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It shouldn't jw, I flip mine from 1 view to 4 lol back and forth. Cept now I need to log in to do anything since I have users now.............geez and that is right on the dvr..have to tell it that I am me

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No it does not affect my views, I do the same thing. If I see you moving the camera next time I will just move it back. We can fight over the direction to move it. :FIREdevil:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No it does not affect my views, I do the same thing. If I see you moving the camera next time I will just move it back. We can fight over the direction to move it. :FIREdevil:

Well if I see it spinning around and I get dizzy will know it is you two fighting for control ...................

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
While you are spinning I will zoom in and out and hit that middle button ha, ha, ha. You are in Ky and prolly get up earlier than me I'll let ya have an hour or so of peace before I bud in on ya, lol!

Ask a Question