viewing our fish via the net, for anybody interested

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Country if you IE 8 here is how you can get them to appear. To find out which version of IE you have open IE up and then press ALT H and click about.

To get the MENU BAR appear on the top line of your browser, follow these steps
Right click on any empty space at the top of your web browser (IE); you should see a pop-up menu
NOTE: You may have to do this more than once to get the pop-up menu
From the pop-up menu, select Menu Bar
Now the Menu Bar should be across (top) your browser i.e. Files Edit View Favorites Tools Help
Please reply and let us know if your issue is resolved or if you will need further assistance

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao country, it is not really the clothes or dirt or sweat, more that it is just weird to be out there working not knowing whom is watching.

right click the gray bar, click the menu bar to add a checkmark next to it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We do have 1 cell, it don't have texting or anything. I had it when I was working, but now the hubby takes it.

Yea, I understand the not wanting a camera on me while I'm bending over pulling up weeds and such .... Never know when one of them bees might chase her around .... lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
T'Mann, thanks! Found it and got all the way to the Addy's instructions where she said to put the following in the address bar (or I assumed that's what she meant):
http://76.106.29.107
However, I'm thinking I needed the www part before the numbers, am I correct? I got an error "cannot find page". So, I tried the www in front of the link, and still did not get to anything.
What am I doing wrong so far? I must be missing something obvious ....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, duh, I had the numbers wrong. When I corrected the 107 to 197, I got the Zmodo screen. But, I don't see a log-in screen. I think there was a screen that came up for me to load something, and I chose cancel, would that have been needed to continue, I assume? I see a "sign in" at the top for a "google account", which I have, and did, but it got me no log in screen. Still trying though!
OK, so I logged out, opened new IE window, went through same stuff. Then when it asked me to "continue", I clicked on it, but then got message, "publisher unknown" so it won't let me load whatever is needed. I clicked on the compatibility sign, too, and still nothing. Oh well, can't say I didn't try! I have a really strong anti-virus program running, so I suspect I need to change some setting, but I'm NOT computer literate! I can follow directions usually, but have no idea how to correct things or change things safely when I come up against a block wall.
Heading outside to work on stepping stones around the pond. I know how to do that! LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol country, look at the bottom or the top of the screen when you first load the http:76 thing. You will see a message do you want to run this active x or something like that, just click yes. It is usually just a small bar message, I think with ie at the bottom of the screen, with firefox it is at the top

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I seen you walk down the trail to the pond and then stand under the tree by the bog this morning just awhile ago while sitting here typing away. You forgot to turn off the camera addy. :nono:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have some software called net view, I can email it to whomever would like to try it. Just tested it on one of our lappies that connects to the internet not our lan and it works.

Send me a pm with your email addy and I will send the software to you with instructions on how to use, it is pretty simple lol..........

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I seen you walk down the trail to the pond and then stand under the tree by the bog this morning just awhile ago while sitting here typing away. You forgot to turn off the camera addy. :nono:

laughing jw, pup need to go out then took off for her walk..........she never cuts through the back yard today she did lol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, Addy, it was there, at the bottom, I clicked to install it.... waited and then got the "did you ask for this, if so, click continue" :LOL: So, I clicked continue. Then I get an error that says, "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher". My only option on this box is to click on "OK" or the X to close it. :sad: So, I'm at a dead end, I guess, unless someone can tell me what to do next!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
click ok, it is unverified ............all of our computers did the same thing. Not a hack, the activex is needed for that splash screen, ie log in.

opps when you click ok it must close it then, did you change the stuff I mentioned in the beginning? and the compatibility mode?

By changing the security it will ask do you want to do this then it will allow it once you say ok

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I did it!!!! Yippee!!! I had not clicked on all the settings you named initially, Addy. Silly me, I saw one line, and one change, when in fact you had 2 changes. Doesn't matter, it finally did not give me the "cannot connect" error, but there was nothing but a black screen. Then I tried the "torn piece of paper" button at the top someone mentioned, and voila! It asked for the user name! And, I'm in! Thanks for sticking with me. I know I'm sloowwwwww to figure things out, and usually I'm all about particulars, but evidently not today. LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I did it!!!! Yippee!!! I had not clicked on all the settings you named initially, Addy. Silly me, I saw one line, and one change, when in fact you had 2 changes. Doesn't matter, it finally did not give me the "cannot connect" error, but there was nothing but a black screen. Then I tried the "torn piece of paper" button at the top someone mentioned, and voila! It asked for the user name! And, I'm in! Thanks for sticking with me. I know I'm sloowwwwww to figure things out, and usually I'm all about particulars, but evidently not today. LOL

laughing glad you got in country! Can't tell you how many times I have reset things to default and started over to get them to work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
The fact you even understand HOW to do it amazes me, and then that you can figure out to help others get it right! I think it's very cool! Right now I think only one camera is on-line, so I will watch to see when others are turned back on for our perusal ..Oh, wait, I see 4 now! Woohoo!!! Going to browse the "Addy Ponds"!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey Addy, I got it to work for me. It looks pretty dark right now, but I look forward to seeing it in the morning. Oh. I actually saw a fish. It's eyes were really bright.

Ask a Question