viewing our fish via the net, for anybody interested

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by addy1, Aug 17, 2011.

1. addy1

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Glad you got it to work, we are having fun with it.

Laughing it is fun to watch, that is a night vision camera good for 200 feet, it sends out ir which makes the eyes glow, and the fish show up. We are going to change that one out for a wider angle camera, once it gets here, this one is more for seeing down a driveway, more of a narrow view. we will probably move it out to the front.
    You can see the bats zipping through also, a bunch of them.

addy1, Aug 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. addy1

taherrmann4 Tmann

Do you have a bat house?

taherrmann4, Aug 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. addy1

CliffandJoann

I can't get it to work. :( my son has such high security on my computers that it
    won't allow me open some things.

CliffandJoann, Aug 21, 2011
  4. addy1

No it has been something I have wanted to get , but not yet.

Did you change the settings like in the first post? that changes the security level, just to the point it asks if you want to add vs just blocking. If that still does not work send me your email (pm) I can send you the software for netviewer.

And IE only, I keep forgetting and try to open via firefox lol does not work

addy1, Aug 21, 2011
  5. addy1

CountryEscape

Addy I did watch for a while in the dark. Saw some fish come around. And saw the bats! OMG!!! And earlier, no wonder you can fill your hummingbird feeder to the top! I have the same feeder, only put a cup or less of liquid in it at a time, as I only have a few hummers. I just moved it up by my deck, so will see if they still come to eat. And, since I'm awful about filling it as often as I should, ie when it's empty, or when it has been 95 here and the sugar water is likely getting them drunk .... :) Hopefully I'll be more inspired to fill it more often.
    Thanks again for sharing your property and ponds!

CountryEscape, Aug 21, 2011
  6. addy1

stroppy stroppy

i havent a clue what version it is .... can i use firefox ? thats my normal browser ?

stroppy, Aug 21, 2011
  7. addy1

stroppy stroppy

oh right after i posted i read addys post i guess i cant ... i will keep trying :)

stroppy, Aug 21, 2011
  8. addy1

blessedfamily

Hubby says NO to adding IE..darn him well enjoy the view :( lol

blessedfamily, Aug 21, 2011
  9. addy1

CountryEscape

Stroppy, I use Firefox for my normal browser, but I also have the IE icon to click on to open IE. If you do, just open a new window with IE. You probably do have IE as well. Then go to Addy's instructions. It took me a while to still get it right, kept missing details, but I got it, and it's worth it. :)
    I have a bat house, but have yet to see more than 1 bat and that was only a couple of times! I live too far from woods, I think, although I have an awesome huge old barn. You would think the bats would love it here!
    Also, if anyone knows about purple martins, there was a huge flock of them that showed up here the other evening. Not sure where they came from, maybe they are migrating through? At first thought there were 100 barn swallows, but they were larger, and I only have about 20-25 barn swallows at my house. I have a pond, but have never put up a martin house .... maybe I should for next year!

10. addy1

taherrmann4 Tmann

stroppy once you open up IE press ALT H and then click about internet explorer, this will tell you which version you have. If you have 9 there is a compatibility button you have to press which is located at the top of the screen to the left of the refresh button.

11. addy1

taherrmann4 Tmann

Purple martins eat a ton of bugs as do the bats. You need to put the purple martin house up about 10-15' in the air in an open area not in the woods. Maybe you could build your house over the winter.

12. addy1

stroppy stroppy

thanks tmann i do have 9 and i found the button you are talking about ...i have now got as far as zmodo and a blank screen ...oh my i am useless with computers !! :)

stroppy, Aug 21, 2011
  13. addy1

CountryEscape

No, you're almost there, Stroppy! I saw that Zmodo screen, and didn't know what to do, thought it was still "thinking" .... I think I just clicked on the screen, and voila, the sign in came up! Try that! Then all you have to put in is the gpf on the user name. :)

14. addy1

CometKeith

Hi Addy, As you probably know two of the channels are working. 1 and 4. The camera for 4 is really clear and you can see the hummingbirds. The first channel is much blurrier. Pretty neat anyway that you have people across the country watching your pond. Maybe you should call it all it "Realty Fish TV" ? Was it hard to hook up your cameras to your computer? I have a couple cameras I picked up a while ago. I would think you could hook them into a wireless router somehow and add it to a network.

CometKeith, Aug 21, 2011
  15. addy1

taherrmann4 Tmann

Stroppy be sure you have followed the directions exactly as Addy has given us, they are below. There are three things you must put prompt on download active x controls signed, download active x controls unsigned, and prompt for initialize and script active x. Be sure these are checked.

internet explorer (only), open a browser window

go to tools ...
    .........open internet options
    .........go to security
    .........click custom level
    .........put prompt for download active x controls signed unsigned
    .........put prompt for initialize and script activex

16. addy1

I put up a house for them, not one came lol, we must not be in their nesting range.

Camera 1 does look blurry over the net, there is a lot of motion going on, water moving fish swimming, it depends on your connection speed. The tv picture is real clear, but if we log in via our intranet, ie lan, it is blurry also, but not as bad as when we use our broadband connection, takes time to update. I am hoping the camera I have coming wide angle, will do better. This one is more for a long view ie driveway.
    the ptz if zoomed into far gets pixely it does a digital zoom after it does a 10x optical zoom.
    2 and 3 were off cause we were out working ............. I finally put up some fishing line anti heron around the one low edge. The new fish tend to hang out in the walk out area a space 3x1 foot that is shallow, perfect picking grounds for one of those birds.

We are taking off for florida, will get there one day before irene hits our area! hope it decides to change course. At least we will be down there if it is bad to help his parents. So since we will be gone for a short time decided to do anti heron protection, even though still have not seen one land. Even the ones flying over have left.

opps missed your other ??'s
    We have a dvr that the cameras feed into. The dvr gets set up with a ip addy, gateway, router ip and a port, then the router needs to be port forwarded with that ip.

We picked up one camera that is a ip camera, that one does not need a dvr, you just do the same set up as above and can watch via the net. It is wireless but that picture is really slow and blurry. If we have it wired it does better. So far just playing with it to see how it does.

addy1, Aug 21, 2011
  17. addy1

stroppy stroppy

woo hooo addy i can see your pond and humming birds :)

stroppy, Aug 21, 2011
  18. addy1

CountryEscape

Uh, oh, I was learning how to move Camera 2 around, and looks like I got caught! :) This is fun. Very pretty property, Addy. Do you have horses in that fenced in area? Neat fence!

19. addy1

Fantastic, glad you got it running

They used to have horses, cows, goats, emus, etc We have a dog and fish, on the go to much to have critters.
    Any user can control the camera, so if you got "caught" it is because someone else was using it too.
    I call that our back field, we go back into the woods about a 1/2 acre or so

addy1, Aug 22, 2011
  20. addy1

CometKeith

Thanks for the info on the camera addy. I am going to see if I can pick up a dvr to plug it into and hook it up to my router. Good luck on missing the hurricane and hope the quake didn't affect you. My daughter had to leave her job at the senate today because they evacuated her building after it hit.

CometKeith, Aug 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question