sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh sure was real he was wanted and never knew and we have 3 state cops live on our road and you mean they never caught on .Best thing about it now we do not have to listen to his noisy harley with the load pipes .But sad too because that was pretty harley he had .I feel bad for his brothers and mom and dad .He was taken to the hospital after the chase friday morning and then to jail .I think they found more than guns sounds to me what I heard from undercover people who went door to door talking to the neighbors drugs too .He used to shoot his guns at night sometimes and scare the neighbors half to death .I think it was to make sure no one came on the property .scare tactic

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not really just happened to notice Jody out there by the wishing well 1 day putting something in it that looked like plastic cases .I was mowing my grass and before the trees fill in for summer I can see that part of his yard .Now that they forested can see a little more of it but not much .I guess they will finish foresting this week since rains are goin .Unless they are afraid of me LOL:regular_waving_emot:regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, if he was a wanted person, and since they had to chase him, must have had something they really wanted from him. Sounds like a good person to be OUT of the area! Glad about that.

Karen

I'd rather be Fishin'
Reaction score
fishin4cars said:
LOL, Not a alligator! A alligator snapping turtle. It was about the size of a finger nail. As for swamp people Bruce Mitchell of Hammond season 1,2 and Mike Kliebert of Happy Woods season 1 and owner of Klieberts alligator farm both live very close to me. Bruce the long hair guy with the bib coveralls lives almost right across the street form me. One weird dude! Nice guy just weird, LOL, But I have been told by some that we both kind of look a like. LOL We used to take the kids to the gator fest at the gator farm, good music, great people, and some of the best food this side of the river, I guaranteeee!

LOL....Too funny, should've read that better....Sounds like I'd fit right into your neighborhood. Luv those Guys! Bruce is one of our favs....

Karen

I'd rather be Fishin'
Reaction score
Bart said:
Thanks Karen. I just returned from the hunt. I did find it and got quite a bit. Even managed to find some with blooms. Maybe some day I can return the favor.
Thanks
Bart
Also
fishin4cars are you going to be involved in the flooding. Hope not but good luck if you are.
Bart

So glad you found the place Bart....Did you leave any in case mine die? LOL Did you have any problems getting them out? I know....a lot were in bloom when I found them too.

Reaction score
Oh yes I found it Karen. I picked mine up from the NW corner of the bridge, wasn't bad getting to, but when I left I found that the SE corner was a lot easier and more blooms. They mowed the grass for me and you can get right up to the water. Because they were growing so close together they grew alot taller than I have ever seen but I think when the new plants come out they will not grow as tall. And to answer your question, yes I think I left one or two plants there for seed.
I had a potato fork and I just lowered it in the water and raised it up under the plant and just pulled it right out.
Well thanks again,
Bart

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
great! I have heard from many they do the best being kept together ie float ring, rope etc
I put in a floating rope and have them all together they are putting out lots of pups, now need some sun to see if they bloom

Karen

I'd rather be Fishin'
Reaction score
addy1 said:
great! I have heard from many they do the best being kept together ie float ring, rope etc
I put in a floating rope and have them all together they are putting out lots of pups, now need some sun to see if they bloom

Hi....Could you post a photo of your floating rope ring...I'm curious...:regular_waving_emot

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Floating rope I'll let Addy answer, But other options are flexible tubing, PVC circle, or a foam center for a wreath available at places like Hobby lobby, although this are kind of big and bulky they do work well and the green ones blend in with the plants. I have used them in a actual fishing pond with great success in keeping some for the pond but not allowing them to take it over. simply, your wanting to make a floating circle or shape to keep the plants bunched together. Flexible tubing is easy, a two to four foot piece of tubing, I prefer black over clear as the black won't show algae growth on it as bad and it blends in well, but either will work, take and place one end of the tubing in hot boiling water for about two minutes, this will make that end very soft and flexible, insert the other end (cool end) of the tubing into the end that that is hot and push it into it as far as possible. once that is done run it under cool water, the hot end will seal around the cool end and may the tubing hold air inside and it floats. be sure to get all the water out of the tubing before putting them together. you can also do the same thing with PVC tubing, a straight piece of pipe a 45 a straight piece of pipe a 45 so on and so forth until they come and make a complete circle. the shorter the straight pieces the smaller the ring. Put them all together, BTW they don't have to be glued to work, but gluing them once your sure on size will help stop water from leaking in over a longer period of time when being used when the temp's start changing, going from hot to cold and back to hot allows the pipe to swell and contract and some water may get in over time. Hope this helps.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sure will do Karen, just pick up some rope from where ever, it will say floats on the package, make a ring, tie to the shore if you want to. Stick the plants in and they stay in the rope. Simple and easy, but also not protecting from koi.
Can expand the rope as the plants multiple.

i will wander outside and grab you a photo later.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well they are starting to bloom and growing great, think they like to be roped together.

DSC01453.jpg

Karen, forgot to get you a picture.......sorry. It really is just a rope that floats, the size I use is 5/32 for 45 feet around 2 bucks or so

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Ask a Question