Water Hyacinth??

Karen

I'd rather be Fishin'
Reaction score
addy1 said:
Well they are starting to bloom and growing great, think they like to be roped together.

DSC01453.jpg

Karen, forgot to get you a picture.......sorry. It really is just a rope that floats, the size I use is 5/32 for 45 feet around 2 bucks or so

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Thank you... :fish:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It does control them country, keep in one area.

Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, so the water hyacinths are probably out for me, then. Do the lillies bloom, too? I will be concentrating on plants that are perennials in IL (Zone 5) I think. Also, I will have the perimeter planted, so there will be enough growth and flowering things nearby. The plant bog will have all water-loving plants, pea gravel in the bottom. Any suggestions for plants in that area? The water will filter from under the pea gravel, then over the ledge for another small waterfall, but mainly to filter more water at the same time. I plan to get lots of cheap plants, as by the time I get to that point, they will all be on sale, I hope. :fish::fish:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Calla Lilies are lovely in the bog & come with different color foliage & flowers to suit your taste. Elephant Ears are pretty too. Much depends on size of bog, temperature, sun exposure & fish. Some plants do really well in a bog but are not good if parts will end up in a pond with fish. Hope this helps!

Ask a Question