Weirdest thing you found in your pond?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by brandonsdad02, Jun 23, 2012.

1. brandonsdad02

j.w I Love my Goldies

Ran out of likes so liking your post HARO :LOL:

j.w, Jul 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. brandonsdad02

sissy sissy

oh yeh that will scare them away won't it haro .I liked it for you jw give haro a high

sissy, Jul 21, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. brandonsdad02

j.w I Love my Goldies

Well thanks sissy and tried to just like yours now too so who's gonna like sissy's for me now? Anybody got any spare likes?

j.w, Jul 21, 2012
  4. brandonsdad02

sissy sissy

oh gosh loaner likes .lol

sissy, Jul 21, 2012
  5. brandonsdad02

brandonsdad02 They call me Ryan

Found a rubber surgical glove in the pond yesterday. Have no clue where it came from.

brandonsdad02, Jul 22, 2012
  6. brandonsdad02

brandonsdad02 They call me Ryan

Oh, the other day the wife and I were at the pond, and a squirrle climbed over the fence to get a drink from the waterfall. He was thirsty. It was about 3 ft away from us. We just sat there in awe. Neat to see.

brandonsdad02, Jul 22, 2012
    j.w likes this.
  7. brandonsdad02

taherrmann4 Tmann

For some reason my pond always seems to catch those packing peanuts. Someone down the street must throw them out and not seal up the box b/c it seems to happen on a regular basis.

taherrmann4, Jul 22, 2012
  8. brandonsdad02

j.w I Love my Goldies

Well at least it's not the kind that dissolve when they hit water. I received a whole bunch of those kind the other week and it was fun to pour them on the lawn and hose them down to nothingness. Never had them before. My cat kept trying to carry them away or get under them before I turned on the hose. Guess they are made from starch.

j.w, Jul 22, 2012
  9. brandonsdad02

jbjabber

I have a 5" snapping turtle! I thought there was one in there because a couple weeks ago one of the frogs was acting weird. It was thrashing around like they do when they mate but it was solo. I got a quick glimpse of the shell just as the frog pulled its foot loose. I was just out there and saw the bugger. Ran in to get my camera and all I have seen since is his head breaking the surface. Not a good picture. I'm on the look-out though. I hope hes only interested in the frogs (we have a huge population) and doesn't eat my fish or it'll be war.

jbjabber, Aug 3, 2012
  10. brandonsdad02

j.w I Love my Goldies

Yikes I think if I were you I might catch that guy and relocate him jb :eek:

j.w, Aug 3, 2012
  11. brandonsdad02

ididntdoit99 ididntdoit99

Wow... i have had alot of the same things,

A lawn chair I left sitting a few feet away from the pond, came back later and went "where the heck did my chair go? Oh, there it is!"
    Two mallards one day, never seen any before or since.
    A HUGE bullfrog
    A pile of feathers I assume used to be a bird (a few days before I found above bullfrog)

But the weirdest I guess, or most surprising and annoying anyway, was last year when I walked outside and found my nieghbors dog standing in my pond chewing a big hole in the liner.

ididntdoit99, Aug 3, 2012
  12. brandonsdad02

HARO Pondcrastinator

Okay, this does not involve my pond, but I found something REALLY weird a few days back! On Monday night, around 10:00 pm, the wife and I heard four fairly loud thumps on the back deck (about 12' above ground) and after a few minutes I got up the nerve to go and investigate (she pushed me out the door). Nothing! Everything was in its place, nothing disturbed. I went back inside and turned off the deck lights. 15 minutes later, several thumps from the roof. I figured it's a raccoon, and didn't bother to look into it. Around 11:00, just after we went to bed, there were a few more thumps on the lower roof, (1 & 1/2 storeys) which sounded like something walking. I figured to h..l with it and went to sleep.
    The next day we had to run out early, and when we returned my wife said "What's that on the roof?" Something black, white and red about the size of a hardball! I got the binoculars and studied it; it was a bloody part of a SKUNK! And near the ridge of the roof was a pile of skunk entrails!!
    So I figure a Great Horned Owl (which are one of the few animals that prey on skunks) grabbed one of our resident stinkers (they come for grubs and yellowjackets every night), carried it to the deck and then onto the roof, where he polished off most of his meal. He returned the next night and took the remaining meat, leaving only the guts, which by now have been carried off by crows.
    Anyone else ever had a problem with skunks on the roof?? :yikesu:
    John

HARO, Aug 3, 2012
  13. brandonsdad02

sissy sissy

only you Haro only you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sissy, Aug 3, 2012
  14. brandonsdad02

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

No kidding! stinky on the roof! well used to be stinky

addy1, Aug 4, 2012
  15. brandonsdad02

HARO Pondcrastinator

The funny thing is, there was NO SMELL at all!
    John

HARO, Aug 4, 2012
  16. brandonsdad02

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Poor thing probably did not have a chance to get off a shot! I know we have skunks, have not seen one, but do see the dug up wasp nests.

addy1, Aug 4, 2012
  17. brandonsdad02

gardengimp

The water must taste better at our house ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our roof just beyond the pond

[​IMG]

gardengimp, Aug 4, 2012
  18. brandonsdad02

Tiny Termite

The good thing about New Comers, they bring up some old interesting Threads.

I came across a few Rat Tailed Maggots at the end of my garden a few days ago, I took a Film which is quite Creepy, made my stomach churn and sent a shiver down my Spine. Unable to download it at present as it will take forever and I haven't finished Internet-

ting yet, but here's a couple of photo's.

P4010636.jpg

P4010638.jpg

Tiny Termite, Jun 22, 2013
  19. brandonsdad02

dieselplower

Ok here is one for you. Before I had my current pond I had a 200 gallon preformed pond. I came home late one nice evening and could hear splashing in the pond. I go out there and find a baby bunny splashing around in there. I do believe it could swim but I could tell it was exhausted and could not get out. I removed the buddy from the pond and set it in the lawn. It just laid there panting and sniggering for some time. Now although I am a major tough guy (haha) I felt bad for it so I got some towels and my small space heater. I dried it off a bit and sat it in front of the heater. It stopped shivvering after a while but it wasn't going anywhere so I grabbed a cardboard box, filled it with rags, and put the bunny in it overnight. In the morning I saw that the box was empty so I was pretty sure the bunny had jumped out and was going to live happily ever after. Well, after a few days, my garage started to stink, bad. I ended up searching all over for the smell and found that the bunny had jumped into a 5 gallon bucket, full of 3 gallons of used motor oil, and died in there.

dieselplower, Jun 22, 2013
    Tiny Termite likes this.
  20. brandonsdad02

Tiny Termite

Here's the Video

I'm Interested in the last minute of this Video, as to what the Jelly type wiggly thing is, it looks like an Alien.

Tiny Termite, Jun 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question