addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thinning of the herd... between you and him @addy1 - my money's on you!
Yeah but I have some in there I really like, long fins, great colors, and large.

Checked our tapes for the last two days (we have been gone selling a boat) no sign of the heron. Maybe won!
Wow, I bet you were startled by the heron !!!!!
Very since I looked and did not see it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That made me giggle!
The way they fold those huge wings to land they have the look! Then the take off. Easy to spot in the sky, they never glide for any amount of time and they fold back that long fish eating neck. I do enjoy seeing them, eat the mice, etc in our yard, leave the fish...........

It is a trip to watch them stalking the pond, one very slow step after another. When they stand still they are actually hard to spot.
I thought "MY GOD! It's a PTERODACTYL!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The way they fold those huge wings to land they have the look! Then the take off. Easy to spot in the sky, they never glide for any amount of time and they fold back that long fish eating neck. I do enjoy seeing them, eat the mice, etc in our yard, leave the fish...........

It is a trip to watch them stalking the pond, one very slow step after another. When they stand still they are actually hard to spot.
dayum! when ya needs a pteradactyl anigif, @j.w is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!! :p Boss? I think ya needs ta put her on report, or maybe SHE can take my 'timeout' chair for a bit, hey? Getting a bit cramped and I'm certain it MUST be MY turn to clean the coffee pot...

smt2b.gif

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
or maybe SHE can take my 'timeout' chair for a bit,
More like timeout electric chair every time you use an acronym, reference it or just on general principal you get zapped. Don’t know whose principals determine that but that is above my pay grade.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
dayum! when ya needs a pteradactyl anigif, @j.w is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!!!! :p Boss? I think ya needs ta put her on report, or maybe SHE can take my 'timeout' chair for a bit, hey? Getting a bit cramped and I'm certain it MUST be MY turn to clean the coffee pot...

View attachment 144541
Had one in my files just sitting there waiting to be asked to join the conversation. He's been neglected for so long he may be a bit angry tho :joyful:

1637516887229.gif

1637516924100.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He came back again! Stalked the pond for a few hours, finally found a loose bit of netting around the 1000 gallon pond. Stuck head down pushed it up and into the pond it went. Walking on the parrots feather. I saw it attempt to to get a fish but missed. So I went out to spook it off, it had a few minutes of panic trying to find the exit in the net. I don't have many fish in that pond, a heron wiped out over 50% a few years back. Did not restock letting fry restock for me.

So I did not want to let it fish. Now that netting is tied down tight! See what it figures out next visit.
20211121_135804.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
More like timeout electric chair every time you use an acronym, reference it or just on general principal you get zapped. Don’t know whose principals determine that but that is above my pay grade.

smilie I'm watching you.gif

smt2b.gif

Ask a Question