addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh my....what to do once they learn to lift the net ?!?!
And since when have they figured that out, never in the past.
smart bird
It learned our frantically barking yorkies are not to worry about. It also learned seeing me watching it in the windows is not a threat. I had to walk out to the pond to spook it.
Wow. That is one determined bird!
Sure is and all the water around here is open, zero ice. Guess my fish show up better than native fish. A friend has a pond 1/2 mile from mine, no net , no herons. But they have a ton of trees around that make the flight path bad. The flight path to my pond is a breeze. The huge maple died, the apple trees cut back, they were cracking.

It lands quite often in the field and walks in. OR lands right next to the pond and meanders around.
lil-bear-anigif-sml.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Let's give
It learned our frantically barking yorkies are not to worry about. It also learned seeing me watching it in the windows is not a threat. I had to walk out to the pond to spook it.
I can send to you my friend's dog...caucasian shephard...ah ah no more anything in your garden...but it will be a mess, he is a bulldozer

When someone that he dont like walk near the property, he shakes the whole game just with his jaws...
Screenshot_20211122-081749_Gallery.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That would sure do it! That dogs head is bigger than both of our dogs!
lil-bear-anigif-sml.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm telling you... it's Jurassic World out there. Now that your visitor learned to find the opening, he's back in the rookery passing along the new found knowledge.

You'd think they'd have some fear of actually getting trapped under the net though... that part is perplexing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Figured it was gate lol That is one big dog!
I love hug him...i'm one of the 4 people that can do that. ahah
I wish Mr. Heron(that is its name) don't teach to other ones how to enter to the "buffet"...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm telling you... it's Jurassic World out there. Now that your visitor learned to find the opening, he's back in the rookery passing along the new found knowledge.

You'd think they'd have some fear of actually getting trapped under the net though... that part is perplexing.
maybe great blue herons are the REAL progeny of velociraptors, hey?

smile-alt1-merged-layers3.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You would think so

Nap before dining, todays adventures

20211122_075722.jpg

Then grooming

20211122_075657.jpg

20211122_075652.jpg

Then the stalk!

He looked at the shallow end first, no go, then stalked the bog inspecting every inch of the net

20211122_082547.jpg

Then moved onto the 1000 gallon pond walked the entire edge of the pond, looking for a entrance. You could see him move his head this way that way looking at the net.

20211122_082718.jpg

Success he flew off! This time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Before you bug me about this one also he's been waiting a long while too to escape my files :p

View attachment 144590

View attachment 144591
moi? bug? I'm wounded to the core! (or some such sloppy sh*t like that!!!) :p:cool: You impugn my good reputation, dear Queenie! I challenge you to a duel! (see my lil masked bandito below and please DO bring a second, hey??? Don't ask @Jhn , he'll only want to do it in his birthday suit...sigh; it's difficult getting good help these days! Wonder if CW is finally done and HE can sub in??)

smilie-masked-both-directions2.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Was whole gate...damn t9...
I dunno, it was sort of fanciful to imagine his whole game getting moved, ya know? And of course, we HAFTA damn that t9 unit; it would only be appropriate!

(I hear mutterings in the hallowed halls of GPF; they sound like they're saying 'watchit Dime--it's SKEWER time!!!)

((and yes; in another lifetime, I WAS a poet!!)
smilie-masked-both-directions2.gif

Ask a Question