What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Cute little guys KC, I cannot find your little black one! Sounds like you have been bitten by the pond bug. Will we see a bigger pond in your future? lol
I sure hope so! I grew up with a pond and I have missed them. Maybe once the kids are out the house and we have a little extra it can happen! Yeah, the blackies are hard to see, hes loving on the one fantail in the first pic. You would have to click on it to see him...I have to watch close too but its a treat when they do come out of the wormwort to play.

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The lilies are finally popping more buds about ready to open, just two months behind. The pond usually looks like this early May
IMG_4473.JPG

The yard is blooming great

IMG_4478.JPG
IMG_4480.JPG
IMG_4484.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
The snails came, and all 12 look good and healthy and also my arrow Arum I ordered. 3 of the snails are already opening up and setting themselves straight. I was warned it could take up to a week for them all to pop out. Im really looking forward to them blindly making their way around. A fish or two of mine noticed them and stopped to investigate them. It was actually kind of funny.

But weirdly, I also came down with the worse rash! My hubby calls it the "snail allergy" because its the only new thing Ive been exposed to, lol. I know I didnt get the rash from the snails but it sure is a mystery. I havent had a rash like this since having poison oak as a child! Grrrr!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
KC I have found that I break out to weird things, black eyed susans among them..............state flower lol. Never heard of a allergy to snails but you never know.

Our day lilies are just beautiful right now I have them everywhere, some day may need to divide or just let them do what they want to do.

IMG_4510.JPG
IMG_4511.JPG
IMG_4513.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG
IMG_4517.JPG
IMG_4518.JPG
IMG_4484.JPG
IMG_4494.JPG

What every bee keeper likes to see the bees working the flowers

IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4488.JPG

One of my wild flower bee gardens
IMG_4497.JPG
IMG_4501.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last year, I began adding more native plants around my pond. The Orange Milkweeds are the first to bloom, but Purple Coneflowers will be blooming not to long from now. I continue to add natives and hopefully there will be even more color next year. I also had a couple waterlilies open today.
IMG_9801 copy.jpg

IMG_9815 copy.jpg

IMG_9806 copy.jpg

IMG_9812 copy.jpg

IMG_9809 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I want to plant milkweed for the Monarchs but im positive the deer will just demolish them. Living here is a blessing and a curse. So I will live vicariously through you guys lovely yards. Its always a treat to see. I get occassional yellow butterflies that visit but they rarely settle long enough to get a decent pic.

As for those snails, OMG! In 3 to 4 days they have stripped the algae off of half the pond, Im starting to worry if I can keep them fed, lol. Its crazy! 11 of the 12 are active. The one "floater" I have hasnt opened up yet.

Ask a Question