What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Strange looking banana appeared on my banana tree.Isn't it cute, has curly hair even :happy:
IMG_7486.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy they are like banana ears they never stop growing .I have to thin mine out when I get the time .My black mini ones are nice .
lol they do when the frost hits ....................dead!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah Cas! I have gotten more and more blooms as more fish have appeared in the pond. And I do fertilize. This year I have been feeding the pigs every few days, maybe the extra food is helping, mine are blooming like crazy.

The purple fantasy, is a slow bloomer but it survived the deer kicking it out of its pot and stomping on it.
IMG_0287.jpg

This one is around 7 inches wide.
IMG_0292.JPG

The hibiscus right next to the pond is blooming beautifully.

IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0309.JPG

The lotus are still putting up lots of flowers
IMG_0313.JPG

And this is a volunteer plant, around 6 foot wide, covered with tomatoes

IMG_0314.JPG

One of the best blooming crepe myrtle years yet, they usually freeze back.
IMG_0315.JPG

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would like to get some of the yellow ones next year.
Got those three light yellow lilies last year from Craigslist for $5. :) And then I planted them in kitty litter like @addy1 suggested and they are going to town - usually I have at least one blooming at a time. Finally I think I might have gotten the hang of it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So this was my first year growing Pumpkins. I wasn't sure how it would go. As it turns out, it's been a success. I had problems with squash bugs, but realized the problem early enough to keep most eggs from hatching. I also have powdery mildew, but it's not too bad.

However, I'll be celebrating Halloween in August.
IMG_1337 copy.jpg

Guess I started them a little too early. Turns out, the "90 days until harvest" on the back of the seed packet was right. It's been 93 days since I planted the seeds. Still, I'm thrilled about the success of it, even if I don't get any during the appropriate time of year. :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
So this was my first year growing Pumpkins. I wasn't sure how it would go. As it turns out, it's been a success. I had problems with squash bugs, but realized the problem early enough to keep most eggs from hatching. I also have powdery mildew, but it's not too bad.

Powdery mildew and squash bugs. That's what I cultivate best. Grrrrr. Every year!
My pumpkins came in early last year too -- I didn't even plant them! They grew from the old Halloween pumpkins we threw out in the back 40 for the deer and other critters. I picked them and put them in the cool basement -- most of them were still fine to use when October rolled around! I think if you dip them or spray them with a bleach and water solution, then let them dry, it is supposed to inhibit mold and such.

Ask a Question