What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Flat as glass yesterday today storm blowing in......cold front. Beach empty! All went home
20170905_092408.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The sky and sunlight here early this morning resembles life on the surface of Mars. Wildfires to the east and south of us are dropping ash here and messing up our air quality. Strange days indeed!
IMG_4643.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I just went out there and the sun is bright orange looking and it is really eerie, the end of the world :eek:
We have smoke and ash now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I can probably tell you then which ones they are once you have a flower.
Was able to get home early enough to catch this before it closed..I'm thrilled to have a flower that's not white or yellow...
IMG_1747.JPG

There is a second bud ready to bloom next the one that flowered....woo hoo!!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is the one lily I am not sure of the name of. It changes from deep pink to pink and white never the same color twice. I used to call it almost black, it had a deep red center fading to a lighter color as it opened. I did have almost black, but the lily colors faded some over time. If it has a real deep center color that is probably the one it is.
Nice healthy leaves there!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
That is the one lily I am not sure of the name of. It changes from deep pink to pink and white never the same color twice. I used to call it almost black, it had a deep red center fading to a lighter color as it opened. I did have almost black, but the lily colors faded some over time. If it has a real deep center color that is probably the one it is.
Nice healthy leaves there!
Thanks for the input. I'm thrilled to add some color to the pond . Sounds interesting with the color changes. I'll call it the mystery lilly. I get in the pond once a month to trim back the dying pads and old flowers . I like to keep an open area so I can see the fish. Between the lilly pads and water lettuce my ponds surface is about 60% covered.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The frogs are enjoying the warm sun. Won't be long before they'll no longer be seen out of the pond.
IMG_6422 copy.jpg

New England Aster started blooming by the pond. Last autumn, I scattered hundreds of seeds in my native garden, and grew some more indoors this Spring. I've noticed they tend to bloom during their first-year, which is always nice to see from a perennial. It's one of the most popular nectar sources for Monarchs during migration.
IMG_6423 copy.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep you have the ponder biggeritis addiction now.............
there is no end to the madness
upload_2017-9-9_16-37-32.gif

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Watched another bird lose its life to a Bullfrog. That makes 5 in about three weeks.
Kind of tired of it.

Ask a Question