What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pond has been left to defend for it's self due to traveling. had a slew of leaves in the bottom of the pond. and my tripple skimmer basket was fullllllllllll. that is probably the largest benefit to the Helix skimmer is the triple tall skimmer basket as it is literally three pool skimmer baskets fused together one on top of the other .

Ad

Advertisements

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it will be in the 50's and mid to high 60's all week so lots will get done .I had a light go out last night on the pond so need to replace that and when I pointed the flashlight at the water I noticed some stuff on the bottom so will try to net that out .

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it will be sunny and 80 here
It is beyond reason how in today's world we except weather, news and politics to exaggerate sugar coat and down right lie ! and we do not demand these people's heads on a spit. there's not one minute of one day you can't find this on TV today! WHAT IN GODS NAME HAS HAPPENED TO THIS COUNTRY ? AND WHEN ARE WE GOING TO PUT A STOP TO IT? .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
oops sorry daddy that was supose to go with lisa saying her weather PERSON overplayed the forecast.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Changed ours too - another case of overplaying the forecast! Much better for thanksgiving travel.
I actually never saw snow forecast for this first round. It originally looked like this weekend was going to be pretty snowy, but now that looks like there will be more rain mixed in than snow. We'll see.

Ad

Advertisements

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
up in the mid to high 50's and 60's the next couple of days and probably will feel warmer than that with the sun out

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Absolutely stunning branches and color theres a very good reason those are as popular as they are. i take it you prune it regularly. how old is it ?
Thanks @GBBUDD! It was planted in 1963. We built the pond around it and prune it yearly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the warmer weather where you are at addy but with it comes yard work year round and plus the bad storms .We have friends that worked for ford that live down there and they have had to come up here and stay several times because of the orders to leave .Kevin and his wife and Pepe and his wife come here .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love the warmer weather where you are at addy but with it comes yard work year round and plus the bad storms
We never stay down here long, leave when the snow birds arrive in droves. It is too hot for me in the summer, at his parents house, now ours, all the yard work is done for us. The house has survived many bad storms, it is a block type house.
8 circles of houses, all with their own heated pool. Actually a pretty nice set up.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well a little time off for the holiday, and two full days of cutting back plants and removing leaves from the two ponds stream and tree bogs . Im paying for one being away. two for going big. and i wouldn't change a thing .
i tried a little experiment this past spring and that was using an aquablock and creating a hollow island in the upper pond. The idea was to have the water ave to run trough the roots and the plant didn't disappoint. I chose to plant umbrella palm and it grew like a weed no soils no gravel just roots hanging down from the aqua block. And the second experiment was to have stagnent bog ' meaning little to no water flow the water is allowed
20191123_154902.jpg
to simple work its way through the area but without flow or pressure.
20191125_154909.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Could I try using an aqua block with a plant in my small bog?
I don't see why not I believe your idea is to set an aqu block in the big and have it so the stone does not slip through the aqua block . this way the roots fill the aqua block. I could see a huge advantage to this down the road as if you had a perennial growing the root mas could grow so thick if it ever clogged it would be a breeze to clean. but in the same respect it may not polish the water as well because there would be less area to trap heavier particles

Last edited:

Ask a Question