What does your pond look like ... Today?

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
New
I added a waterfall box to the end of the pond. This is the output from the pressurized bio-filter. They're nice little waterfall headers. I'm planning on buying another when my supplier gets them in stock and having a tiered waterfall setup. I'm planning on planting marginals in the boxes.

Tonight I decided to brave the humidity and mosquitoes and enjoy the pond.

20180918_205739.jpg
20180918_205748.jpg
20180918_205759.jpg
20180916_143351.jpg
20180915_181530.jpg

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
New
I added a waterfall box to the end of the pond. This is the output from the pressurized bio-filter. They're nice little waterfall headers. I'm planning on buying another when my supplier gets them in stock and having a tiered waterfall setup. I'm planning on planting marginals in the boxes.

Tonight I decided to brave the humidity and mosquitoes and enjoy the pond.

View attachment 115883 View attachment 115884 View attachment 115885 View attachment 115886 View attachment 115887
That looks great. (y)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well my other company will have a quick closing .It is tomorrow but her hubby said I have to come cook for them .Good gosh he does not look starved after being married 40 years :);)He wants me to show his wife how to make country food he calls it .:ROFLMAO:

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I've been away for a while and my pond looks like it.
Basically I built the new pond. Built the plumbing, filter and waterfall and slowly afterwards, the excitement of it wore off.
I haven't lost any fish, but basically I have not been changing the filter pads, have had the UV sterilization turned off and have just fed the fish for months on end.
Well, I retired a couple weeks ago (At 53) and I'm getting back into it.
This morning, I changed out the filter pads in my filter. Placed sachets of Barley straw in the pond and waterfall over flow and turned on the U.V. sterilisation.
The water parameters are all good. But it's full of solids, cloudy and has suspended algea.
Hopefully I'll see it clear again in a few days.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm happy to say my pond looks good today, after the flash flooding this week I felt it was touch and go for my pond overflowing, I'm happy to know it drained as it should, no issues. At least I now know the drain overflow works, that's a relief.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I'm happy to say my pond looks good today, after the flash flooding this week I felt it was touch and go for my pond overflowing, I'm happy to know it drained as it should, no issues. At least I now know the drain overflow works, that's a relief.
It’s good peace of mind heading into autumn to know everything drains properly. Great news, @Tara!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks very nice @Troutredds and boy didn't we get a dumping off and on yesterday and last night?

My pond is doing well and clearer now w/using a bigger fines filter and my bottom filter chugging away also. Pretty soon I will turn the aerator off and leave the waterfall going to keep any ice from covering the whole pond if we get any. Net doing it's job protecting the fish from Mr Heron who visited day before yesterday.

IMG_8707.JPG

IMG_8708.JPG

IMG_8704.JPG

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Looks very nice @Troutredds and boy didn't we get a dumping off and on yesterday and last night?

My pond is doing well and clearer now w/using a bigger fines filter and my bottom filter chugging away also. Pretty soon I will turn the aerator off and leave the waterfall going to keep any ice from covering the whole pond if we get any. Net doing it's job protecting the fish from Mr Heron who visited day before yesterday.

View attachment 116020
View attachment 116021
View attachment 116022
Everything looks beautiful, @j.w - even that pesky bird!

Ask a Question