What does your pond look like ... Today?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Current shot of Pond by front door
831776F3-B0DC-497C-8D80-EE1982E5E19A.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
About 6 years old now, that spot used to be a weed garden, so we decided to put in a pond there. Lot easier and more enjoyable for me to keep the pond up than pulling weeds
i hear that , i have been looking at an area right behind the bog . same as you nothing but weeds grow there i was leaning more toward building up left over rock and throw like bugle weed in something that will spread like wildfire
Have you ever tried to gr
ow spagnum moss? ??

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm throwing handfuls of pond-tabs in every 2 weeks!
I never fertilize mine, they get dirty water from the big pond and all the dead muck from leaves etc. We are always a bit behind you in growth.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
i hear that , i have been looking at an area right behind the bog . same as you nothing but weeds grow there i was leaning more toward building up left over rock and throw like bugle weed in something that will spread like wildfire
Have you ever tried to gr
ow spagnum moss? ??
Thought about it but never tried it. There is a lake in western Maryland that has sphagnum moss growing along the shoreline, it looks awesome there, which is what made me think about trying it. I end up standing it while fishing, hard to reel in a good size bass through a mat of sphagnum moss.

Ask a Question