sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have had winds also but not that strong .Hope the tree did not harm your pond or liner to bad .I was hoping the winds would calm down by nighttime ,but so far they look like they are getting a little stronger .They say they are gusting up to 40 and 45 .I hope your winds calm down .You are going to have a lot of work ahead of you .:(

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were supposed to hit 55 mph winds, we stopped at 40 so far, it was to drop to 27 stopped at 32 Yeah peaches will survive that. This next week bouncing 40's-60's- to 40's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We got back from Florida last night. No more 90 degree weather. Temps are in the teens this morning. The weatherman is saying these are the high temps for the day. Sustained winds are 20 MPH, and supposed to get worse. I fed the fish last night, just before dark. They were real hungry. There's as pair of mallard ducks in the pond this morning. At least one pair comes every spring. They never stay too long. I guess they have a better spot to make baby ducks. Other than 1 dead fish, all seems to be well.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, I guess.. lol
Dearest honey wants to spend part of winter in Florida next winter and every winter after. We just might finally start doing that. Need to kick out the renters so we have a place to stay. Down in the delray beach area.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Temps in the 20's and s***!!!!

2016-4-3 kitchen.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
LOL Mitch! Someone said bi-polar Mother Nature in Chicago? I think that's everywhere this last month. Geez! I've had just over and inch of rain this past week, coming in wild storms, thunder, lightening, etc. Then 68 degrees ... the next day, 45 for a high. I was at a large garden center, the greenhouses attached was where they did the mini seminars for their open house. The 50 mph wind gusts were playign havoc with the plastic roofs and walls! Driving there and back on N/S interstate was brutal, with W winds. Glad to get home last night, but had a great time!
This morning it was 32 (my patio peach tree is in full bloom, was covered) and today going up to 65 and sunny. Hoping the winds stay fairly calm today. But, I see 2 more nights with temps down to near or barely below freezing this coming week. The weirdest part, one night low may be only 60, then the very next night the low is 30! That's just crazy!!!
Oh, and since I've heard the peepers, there has been ice on buckets with water twice ... so I guess I should be expecting one more time, and then spring WILL be here to stay! ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well winds stopped about 2 hours ago and are again gusting to 25 .Sun is out and it is supposed to get up to 70 degrees again today .

Ask a Question