What is your weather like ... today

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Boy, you folks out east are getting the :censored: end of the stick.

Tell you what, I'll plant some seeds in my warm outside garden for you all;)
I had my first iced tea of the year this weekend...:whistle: ....In the shade.

Ya, ya... I know! I have in-laws (out-laws?) in Medicine Hat and a few other places in your tropical province, and I keep getting reports of barbecues, picnics and other drunken revelries while we freeze over here! :mad:
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
And my pond is completely iced over.... for the fifth time in three weeks! Every time it thaws out, I think "YAHOO! This is it!!" Then overnight it freezes solid AGAIN!:mad:
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond is a nice warm 48, sun out, wind blowing, air temp is 42f. No ICE! mainly because it is flowing water. We hit 25 this am, colder tonight, then temps back up, slowly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well went grocery shopping and happened to look at my inspection sticker and it expired the end of March so stopped at the garage .He blows the horn turns on the headlights as usual and i get my sticker .16 dollars and done and a free month

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
It got down to just below 30 this morning, little peach tree covered for the 3rd time this spring. It's blooming so beautifully, I really want to see if it produces any peaches again. Temps here are crazy too. Might be a difference of 30 degrees from the low one night to the low the next night. Geesh .... I can understand 30 degrees from highs to lows, but not lows to lows, day to day. This is just crazy! Talking 2 more nights below freezing end of the week. Maybe just maybe after THAT we will have spring, but who knows!
Colleen, guess what I found at the greenhouse last weekend??? A Marsh Marigold! Isn't that what you have, that gets such beautiful butter yellow colored flowers just covering it? Well, I splurged and paid the $14 to buy one. Also got 2 Cardinal Flowers, also bog plants. Will put them with pots around them so I know where they are. Not going in goldfish bog, as that bog is where all the "active" plants are, and they take over everything I put in there. LOL

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are at 22, heavy frost, the peaches just finished blooming, I don't know if this cold hit will mess with the setting of the fruit. Pond a warm 44, frost looks like snow out there.

Chance of snow on Saturday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Here's a pic of the Marsh Marigold, with two Lobelias on either side, which are also called Cardinal Flower. All are bog plants, so will go in the koi bog, where I can keep track of them.
Marsh Marigold and Cardinal Flower.JPG

Windy last night, going to get windier today and tomorrow, but temps in the 50's already this morning. Again ... 28 or so yesterday morning, 52 this morning. WTH!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
34 this morning and supposed to be 63 today .Nice warm sun pouring into the house .I sprayed my trees last night

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh saw on the weather channel that it is going to record breaking temps. up your way JW .So go swim in the sun

Ask a Question