sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It looks like someone turned out the lights and turned on the shower .Dark out and it is only 3:18

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep addy that's what they are..........snowdrops and they do open more eventually. Cool you got your pond up and running and did you get your pumps or are you using the old ones?

Sissy it was not me who sent the rain cuz it's still here coming down and we are supposed to get a cold front coming in that will last for days! I'm sitting in my computer room w/a sweater and a hoody on cuz I'm too lazy to make a fire..........brrrrrrrrrrrr!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep addy that's what they are..........snowdrops and they do open more eventually. Cool you got your pond up and running and did you get your pumps or are you using the old ones?

I got a message from the renters, the wife said she thought hubby had already sent, but had not. It will take a week or so to get here, so just used the old pump until they arrive. Fish chasing, eating swimming with the pump running,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yippee for you, Addy! Now we will get more videos of fish chasing and swimming around. Bet they will enjoy the influx of fresh water running. I'm jealous, but one way or another, I will have the waterfall and fountain (bubbler for now, since the fountain head came off in the wintertime somehow) running by tomorrow.
I think in the morning, since it's supposed to get in the low 20's tonight, and assuming the ground will freeze on top, I'm going to get a 50# bag of pasture seed mix and sow it in my pasture. That way, when it thaws again, the seed will sink into the mud and hopefully give me a really nice lush pasture again this spring. Horses will have to stay in the paddock for 2 months after I do that, but that's ok, I have plenty of hay. :) Just don't want to repeat what I did last year, trying to walk with the seeder over my shoulder, in the MUD! Wow, was that a workout! Hopefully the ground will freeze solid enough that I won't have any mud, or only in the low areas anyhow.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pond (surface temp) went from 48 to 42 this am with turning on the pump. Getting ready for my walk, look out side and it is SNOWING! That was not fore casted!
It won't do anything i.e. stick but unreal lol

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
So far beautiful sunny sky with temps of 41 this morning. Sun is shining so its time to get outside and work. I'm so ready for spring. :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
They sure missed my forecast as well! Was supposed to be 23 here this morning, it's 30 (ok, I'm not complaining!). Blowing hard, too, so no need to go get that pasture seed, as it will end up in the next township if I try to spread it this morning. DUH!!! And said supposed to be sunny day. I don't see even a BREAK in the clouds yet, so it will be a while. Guess it's inside work this morning, see what the afternoon brings. I'm anxious to get the rocks placed on waterfall redo from last weekend, and use the PL Loctite Addy told me about to get the water to run the correct way off that first rock, then I should be good to go tomorrow to get the waterfall running ... assuming that I'm able to get the ball valve lubed so it will close all the way (and open and close later!). Happy ponding, PL! We'll expect more pics later on of your work today. :razz:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the main pond running, unreal how well it has cleared with just one day of running, can now see the far side again. love love love my bog

Still need to finish my re-plumb of the deck pond so I can get the stream running. Digging in a 1 inch line to go up the slope and feed the pond, the pump has a 1 inch port. That way we can use the 2 inch buried pipe for more electric camera feed. The stream ponds are getting algae growth, but to be expected stagnate water that is warming up nicely.

During my 5 mile walk, snow, snow pellets, snow , wind. It was beautiful!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Snow here today w/ big fat flakes falling and is starting to stick. 38F. Don't think it will be around for long tho.

Attachments

• IMG_3661.JPG
    IMG_3661.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3662.JPG
    IMG_3662.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_3659.JPG
    IMG_3659.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_3660.JPG
    IMG_3660.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 243
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yesterday a.m. temp was 30, NW winds (20-30 mph) and no ice on pond. This morning it was 37 (already up to 45) and S winds (probably 20-25 mph) and there is a layer of ice. Go figure! Hoping the black goop is dry enough to start up the filter this morning, although the tube says wait something like a week before staining or painting (which I don't need to do). It's for roofs, so surely it would be waterproof in a day, right? Hoping Addy will see this and give me some guidance. :)

Ask a Question