What is your weather like ... today

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We are expecting thunderstorms all week long starting either today or tomorrow. I'm so upset. I really wanted to get my pump in the pond this weekend and get some gardening done. Instead I'm going to be stuck with laundry, cleaning toilets, vacuuming and dusting. :( I may have to run away from home for the weekend, or build a fort in the living room and color. :bag:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We got one yesterday and without power all night .I had to ask ponddigger What would you do in these situations and also about koi clay since I remembered it .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Another bright sunny day and first time for mowing the lawn is happening this afternoon.....................and on and on it goes all through Summer now. We really need a smaller area to mow. Someday :rolleyes:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good idea on getting the flu T!

I would have to make my pond a whole acre to get rid of all the grass I want to. And I would if I could but somehow I think the county and my insurance would not like that and boy would that be one expensive liner :whistle:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Stormed over night and this morning. I think I heard hail at one point.
That was only the start. We have severe weather moving in with hail, strong winds, and many are suggesting tornados will be likely. The bad news is, I didn't have time to close down the pop up camper. Hope it holds up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yikes hail and a pop up camper are not a good .Hope it is OK .They said we were supposed to get hail yesterday also but we did not get any .I was out mowing when storm suddenly appeared .I saw the weather channel and yep JB lots of storm warnings and torcons up .It is just a fine mist here so far ,but at least I got the filter done .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My crabapple trees are blooming and the smell is great

Attachments

• trees 001.JPG
    trees 001.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 162
  • trees 005.JPG
    trees 005.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 102
  • trees 004.JPG
    trees 004.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 101
  • trees 002.JPG
    trees 002.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 129
  • trees 007.JPG
    trees 007.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 110
  • trees 010.JPG
    trees 010.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 135

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Drab cool day, 46 right now, heading to 76 tomorrow and rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, weather people have been threatening bad storms, tonadoes, hail, etc. So far, I have gotten very lucky. About an inch of rain in the last couple of days, no bad winds, no hail. I'm home snug in the house with my pups, and rain supposed to kick back up after 9 p.m., and tornado watch until 11 p.m., but seems like all will be just fine this go-round. Very warm day, almost 80, and windy, but the winds are dying down a little this evening, too. Temps going down at night next couple of days. Windows are open this evening, and bullfrogs are talking to me. Loving it!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
We were very lucky today too. Most of the rough weather was either south of here or north of here, but we did get some heavy rain in the late morning/early afternoon. 72 degrees during the occasional bursts of sunshine we got was nice too. The forecast is calling for 60s for the foreseeable future, so things are definitely looking up!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow, we got so lucky today. The exact same storm cell that gave northern Illinois two tornados hit us but weakened just as it got to us and all we got was a little lightning and rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
That's good, JB. Glad you're safe--it's been a wild night of weather. One of the tornadoes hit a small zoo in Belvidere (near Rockford). :( They said they lost two animals and many of their buildings/sheds/fences are a total loss.

Ask a Question