j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This has got to be a joke from my weather thing on my computer, doesn't it? All I say is it better be!
Weather Warning!.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
A friend of mine from Rockford lives right where I-90 and I-39 meet up. She said her husband could see the tornado from their house. She said he thought it was about 4 miles away, but looking at the storm path maps today, it looks like it was a LOT closer--like no more than a mile from them on the other side of I-90. Lucky for them it didn't get close enough to cause any damage and they're all ok.

Today we're dealing with high winds. I made the mistake of putting 4 yard waste cans at the curb this morning--came home and they had rolled halfway down the block after they'd been emptied. The garbage can and recycle can both tipped over but stayed put on the lawn--and thankfully garbage pickup was already done when the winds kicked back up this afternoon so there wasn't trash all over the neighborhood.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze jw you may need skis or ice skates for that .We have dark clouds now coming over and it looks like it is dark out but it is only 7 pm

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yesterday morning, there was 2" hail reported near St. Louis. It dissipated by the time it headed east and got to where I was, which I was thankful for. Some people want hail when their car is sitting out in a parking lot, not me. My car is my baby, and I had to think of it getting hammered ...literally ... by hail. Today was sunny, windy, and cooler, but rallied at the end of the day and got up to upper 60's.
I splurged and bought a really nice weeping cherry tree. It is the white flower type. The pink flower type grew to be 25' tall, and I didn't want it getting that tall. It has nice long branches that go almost to the ground! I know I can trim them off, but hoping for some pretty white flowers as it started shooting out leaves in the last couple of days. I've been watching these trees, and picked out a nice one (I think) this afternoon. Brought it home in my car! It is over 7' tall, too! I have a Charger, and I opened the trunk, put down the back seats, pushed front passenger seat forward and leaned it back, and loaded it from the trunk. It fit just fine. :) I need to replace the pretty double pink flowering crab Iost a year ago from the previous bad winter (too much snow, too cold, I guess). I need to dress up my front yard, and have plans for a slightly mounded area out there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are going from 40 yesterday to 64 today and sunny. We need a nice sunny day got to get into the hives again, can't do it when it is cold and wet.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
52 degrees and what a lovely Morning! little Rio woke me up so out by the pond in the Gazebo I sit! Sun is not even out cause its way too early and I see my beautiful long tube of twinkling solar string lights from Walmart is STILL ON!!! The new ones sure last way WAY longer than the old set I had from two years ago. Technology is improving!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, that's unbelievable, Colleen, that you have a solar light still lit in the wee morning hours. Awesome. I love solar lights, too. I have rope lights but they are LED, so not worried about electricity in running them 24/7. I love to see the lights if I look out there at night. :) Going to be a beautiful weekend here, sunny and no wind today. I am meeting up with my son and his "soon to be" fiance' for brunch in a bit. Then, going to go to my local greenhouse and browse ... and dream of what I am going to create this year!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
No hail just plenty of rain pounding on our roof all night long. @CountryEscape why would anyone want hail pounding on their cars in a parking lot? To clean them or?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Really windy here today. Not to cold but windy. The weather suposed to chill off a little tomorrow. Right now 54 degrees. Going to only be in the 50's and 60's next week. That is chilly now that I had a taste nice hot 75 degrees yesterday!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
No hail just plenty of rain pounding on our roof all night long. @CountryEscape why would anyone want hail pounding on their cars in a parking lot? To clean them or?
I said that because some people WANT their older car to get hit by hail, so they get new paint job and repairs. :) My car has no dents or scrapes, so I prefer to keep it original, and not have to put it out of commission for a week or so to have it repaired. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had to put on a sweater and a coat and put my hood up to go for a walk today and I was still cold. Then the sun came out so I ripped my outer coat off and was fine. Now dark clouds are rolling in again. Want to work outside but don't think it's gonna happen today.

And look at you @RobAmy sitting there at almost 70f and @CountryEscape also :cool:

Ask a Question