addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hit 104 today, heat index, 92 actual. Miserable heat. I don't do heat at all, so hiding in the house again.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
98 degrees here with heat index being 108 they said and just had thunder and lightening an hour ago but not a drop of rain .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Lots of black clouds overhead all day today, but less than .1" of rain here. I don't even write that down on the calendar. LOL I could use a good shower, about 1/2" would be great! Watering hanging baskets everyday, and when it's in the 90's and sunny, I water morning and evening.
Wow, Mitch, that would have sucked on your propane bill, huh? My grill would have run out of fuel after about an hour. LOL I use the little tanks that you buy 2 for $5 this time of year. Don't even have the large tank, since my grill is a "tailgater", so it's easy to tote along with me when I go camping and riding horses. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I didn't even try to analyze the gas bill that month, I just paid it, lol.
Thankfully I only had the grill on medium heat the whole time, I've read where other people forgotten that their grill was on and started a fire.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't even try to analyze the gas bill that month, I just paid it, lol.
Thankfully I only had the grill on medium heat the whole time, I've read where other people forgotten that their grill was on and started a fire.
Always a silver lining, it was just money, not a rebuild of your house!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well had lots of thunder and lightening and not one drop of rain and 2 of those storms last night .I saw on the consumer show that they have an automatic cut off switch you can buy for grills .You can set the timer for how ever long you want and it is automatic each time you light the grill .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Woke up to 62 degrees this morning. Windows open all night, love this cooler weather and lower humidity predicted for the next few days. Weekend supposed to be hot and humid again. Must find someone with a boat or pool for the weekend!!!!! ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Still hot and humid here ,i have to get things done either early in the morning or in the evening .There is no in between .I did build some stuff down in the basement .Had to hang a tarp between the 6X6's to give me shade under the front porch to move chop saw out there .Still no rain barrels and tanks empty so now forced to use well water .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
liquid gold is finally falling from the sky and rain barrels are getting a little water but so are trees and plants .I* just hope iot rains all day but weatherman says NO

Ask a Question