What is your weather like ... today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We finally got the much needed rain yesterday and with that slightly cooler temperatures.

Last past week I saw a big Mouse in the front flower bed and then I opened basement door and saw a little brown mouse run across the floor. They know fall temperatures coming so they are trying to sneak inside. I snapped up four mice in those "watch your finger" type snap traps. They always work the best and better than "chopping their tails with a carving knife"! ... three dead mice... ha ha ha

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It was really cool here today also after 3 inch's of rain last night and just got done uploading video on you tube of the before my driveway is sealed tomorrow

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We had some hailstorms this past week that killed 4 of my goldfish and pretty much decimated the garden.:(
The goldfish were hanging out on some shallow plant shelves where the water is warmer and when I found them afterwards their bodies were pretty beat up.
Crazy.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Since we are all obsessed (that's what my mom from AZ says about me) with the weather, thought I would start a thread so we could post what the weather is like in our neck of the woods. This winter has sure had some mild weather across the US. Yesterday I sat and admired my fish many times, it drew me outside. The pond water was 46 degrees at the surface.
This morning, the fog has rolled in, it's 31 degrees, and the moisture on my deck is ice. I'm concerned about black ice on the roads, so will be leaving for work early. Still supposed to be above normal in temps (40's for highs and 30 for lows) the next 10 days, and mostly sunshine. Who could ask for more for February? :razz:

Currently (8/8/2015 @ 10:02 AM) It is 84° with 79% humidity. The sky is clear and sunny with a light northeasterly breeze of 8 knots . Pond water is 72° in the upper 6" zone and the thermometer in the bottom 6" zone reads 70° the waterfall water is 73° before it reaches the pond.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
We had some hailstorms this past week that killed 4 of my goldfish and pretty much decimated the garden.:(
The goldfish were hanging out on some shallow plant shelves where the water is warmer and when I found them afterwards their bodies were pretty beat up.
Crazy.
Wow that really sucks. I never thought about or even realized that hail could harm fish. Sorry about your fish but I am glad that I now know to watch for this in the future because we get some pretty vicious storms here in Georgia and I would hate to see my koi get hurt or killed because I already lost a turtle this season to a coyote and don't want to repeat that experience.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Crazy.
wow that is bad, must have been some big hail!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
About an inch in size. I don't think it was the size so much as the volume of hail that fell all at once.
All of a sudden, boom! It looked like winter here for about half a day. There was still hail in the ditches 24 hours later.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Screenshot_2015-08-08-19-00-57.png

Ask a Question