j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Have you ever gone away and left your house all alone by itself? Well if you do make sure you have enough propane to keep it warm. The house drank it all up. We walked in and it was 38f in here and no propane left. Can't order any till tomorrow and then they might not come till end of the week.
Oh well we'll just pretend we are still camping

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Taken today in zone 4. It's getting warmer!
2862happydance-thumb.gif

DSCF8291.jpg

So I take it that winter has passed you by this year?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Poor neglected cold house.....hope your pipes didn't freeze......

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Something I haven't said much this year: It's cold (29°F), windy, and snowing. We're supposed to have freezing rain, too, which is going to make everything a mess.

We're actually in a Winter Storm Warning, but it's more for the wind and possible icy conditions, we aren't supposed to get much snow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Speaking of weather. I just updated to Firefox43 and it kicked my forecast fox weather reminder to the curb that I had attached to the top of my desktop computer. Anyone have a good one to recommend for Firefox?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We're at 4" of snow now. That's 3" more than expected. Ice pellets falling now. Winds 45mph. It's ugly out there.

Thundering and Lightning too!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It started snowing this morning at 6 AM and some form of precipitation has been falling from the sky ever since. Snow, ice, rain, sleet... you name it, it's falling from the sky today! And a bit of thunder and lightening on top of it all. Our first real "weather" of the season.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We just had light fluffy snow and still cold at 9 degrees Fahrenheit. I am hoping the nice warm weather will return soon cause I am not used to this ice cold now that I was spoiled with warm weather until Christmas eve, then it really turned cold.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The weather people admitted that they got our storm wrong. They were expecting 1" to 1.5" of snow in my area and we ended up getting at least 6" here and 9" in Milwaukee. Drifting made it seem even worse in some spots.

The conditions last night were some of the worst I've seen, due to the combination of high winds, wet snow, and ice. Not nearly as bad as the 2011 Groundhog's Day blizzard, but bad enough. I heard there were a lot of cars in ditches. On live tv, I saw a reporter nearly get hit by a van that was sliding in the snow.

The stuff was so heavy and wet it took me two hours to clean off the driveway last night, and I didn't even finish.

Ask a Question