addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm gonna have to replace my kitchen floor eventually, thanks for giving me an idea of what to use,. Does bamboo come in a wide selection of colors?
Yes it does. We have stuck with the natural look.
Look at the vinyl planks, you can not water damage them at all, if you are a kitchen dripper. Our kitchen is used as a honey extraction room. We have tile down which is easier to scrape up the wax etc that drips on it. The tile has been down for a long time.

Have used the vinyl planks in a few rentals now, it looks great goes down easy and is easy on the feet.

But do love the bamboo! We have used both the click lock ie bamboo that is the floating floor type and the solid glue down

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes it does. We have stuck with the natural look.
Look at the vinyl planks, you can not water damage them at all, if you are a kitchen dripper. Our kitchen is used as a honey extraction room. We have tile down which is easier to scrape up the wax etc that drips on it. The tile has been down for a long time.

Have used the vinyl planks in a few rentals now, it looks great goes down easy and is easy on the feet.

But do love the bamboo! We have used both the click lock ie bamboo that is the floating floor type and the solid glue down
Lol @ kitchen dripper!

I have wood looking vinyl right now, it's about 16yrs old it held very nicely against kids and dogs, but I ruined it one year trying to save my 3 Mandevilla vines, the constant moisture under the 3 large pots left a water stain so it has to be replaced when we renovate

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well you wouldn't be able to leave wet pots on it...................

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I've been playing through the story of Red Dead Redemption II quite a lot. It's been an extremely fun game, and since it's a game that doesn't really end after the story finishes, it'll be fun for a long time to come. A good source of entertainment during the winter months.

Tomorrow, I'll be finishing the final chapter. As I already know, both my character and horse will die. Today was fun, though. I parked my horse under a rockshelter along the fictitious Dakota river and went canoeing. Caught a couple salmon and cooked them up on a fire. The river was one of my favorite sights when I first started the game, and I even named my horse after it. :D Surprisingly, I've kept him alive throughout the entire story. Had a few close calls with wolf and cougar attacks, as well as a pretty bad fall. The amount of detail in this game is insane!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Tara, how about an aquarium turned into a terrarium? 10-20 gal size or larger. Terrariums are a little bit of nature in a glass box. I grow lots of them. You can use the grow light for it. Or even a Paludarium which is part terrarium and part aquarium. with a few small fish or a frog or salamander? The kids would love it! You may even get a local pet shop to donate a tank and more when they hear it is for a local school.
Barb
thank you for the suggestion. So for now there is low light plants planted for the kids to take care of, and now I am working on a false window. I became unsure of water feature as no one would be in the school during breaks and weekends to check on it. I am doing a back drop of an outdoor scene on the window, then adding net curtains with a small fan. I'm hoping the window along with the plants will give the illusion of the outdoors. Personally I feel bad for the teacher and kids been given this classroom with no windows and a bad paint job.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Supposed to get down to single digits this weekend, so I'm going to deploy the pond breather. How many days till spring????

After that, firing up the pellet stove and drinking beer and playing pinball. :D

Attachments

• carpet4.jpeg
    carpet4.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 86

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
going to be 54 today so going to do some digging of plants in my center garden .I am going to gravel it so taking out everything there .So far about half taken and planted on the hill out front and in front of the sheds .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm so glad it is finally Friday!

It's supposed to go below 0*F this weekend, I really hope I won't have to shut down the ponds, and after the weekend we go back to the "mild winter" we were having.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
going to be 54 today so going to do some digging of plants in my center garden .I am going to gravel it so taking out everything there .So far about half taken and planted on the hill out front and in front of the sheds .
Lucky you I would kill for 54*F right now! Ok maybe not exactly kill, but pay a lot of money for sure

Ask a Question