addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks Mitch and everybody else. I find it hard to believe the age I need to write down now. My niece says I still act like a young one lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Our log splitter broke down a couple weeks ago and getting a replacement part takes at least 3 weeks...:rolleyes:

...So I'm actually enjoying the exercise of hauling cut logs from the forest on a sled and splitting them with an axe while our dogs look bored watching me and my wife enjoys watching sewing videos inside.
Life is good.:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
usually in Feb. mitch .It does get cold at night .It has gotten the lowest at night at 22 degrees this winter so far .I am not far behind you jw I will be married 46 years tomorrow .It is already 38 degrees this morning and they say rain but sun was out .I got my kitchen cleaned yesterday from top to bottom .Pulled out all the appliances and cleaned under them ,afarid I have been lazy and have not done it in 4 months.When we get snow early we seem to end up having a mild winter until March and then you never know can happen all at once

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you have to remember Mitch I lived all my life in NJ and only moved to VA in 2004 when we retired ,so I am still learning the weather down here as time goes by .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@sissy and hubby

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Our log splitter broke down a couple weeks ago and getting a replacement part takes at least 3 weeks...:rolleyes:

...So I'm actually enjoying the exercise of hauling cut logs from the forest on a sled and splitting them with an axe while our dogs look bored watching me and my wife enjoys watching sewing videos inside.
Life is good.:)
Back to simplicity, so cool!..yeah maybe not to you:smuggrin:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My father used to clear trees and all the good wood came home and my chore was to unload the truck and refuel and sharpen chains on the saws .Only other thing was to spend time with the axe to split and stack as my father sold wood to people after it was dry .He had so manmy jobs I never knew how he did it .The garden and working nights at Kentile flooring and then clearing lots ,He was one hard working man .Thank you JW and congrats to you and your hubby also .I still split wood for my fireplace but not as much as I used to .Always did it at my house in NJ also .I found it relaxing when I would hear it split .that crackle and snap was great

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I still remember shoveling the coal delivery into the basement growing up and then going and helping the neighbor shovel hers. I was cutting down trees for firewood in my early teens! Guess thats why I feel 30 years older than I actually am!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The countdown! The family has 2.5 days left to come and get this stuff, Thursday we can start the removal..............can't wait!
We have been shifting the stuff for a month now as we worked on the condo.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
donate it to goodwill or habitat addy ,they will even pick it up for free .One of our houses when I was growing up had a coal bin in the basement and it was a pain to put coal in the furnace .In the summer you sweat or had a fan .Not like today when you have central air .I did not have air in the first house I bought and had no money to buy a window unit for the first 6 years

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
donate it to goodwill or habitat addy ,

Goodwill is fussy down here. We got a group that takes care of kids coming on Friday. YEAH

They will take all, not trash, by Saturday it will be purged.

Boxed glassware dishes sorted trash bags away from donation stuff.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good ya got it all figured out now and soon you will be junk free! Nice view and hopefully no gators :vamp:

Ask a Question