Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I had enough for a huge cobbler, plus enough to attempt apple sauce. Only it smelled like the best ever apple cider as I was cooking it in the crock pot, so I added the rest of the apples I had, and spices to make it a big thing of spiced cider! I’m going to cook it down until it is all mush, then strain it, and I’ll see if the pulp is suitable as spiced apple sauce! If no one else eats it, I’ll cook it into a spice cake or something.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Groomed the lilies, in the big pond and the 1000 gallon pond. Time to bite the bullet as they say...................

They still had a lot of buds on them, still blooming. But one of these days the temperature will be darn cold, better to groom while it is somewhat warm, air temp wise. The pond water is around 55f

They grew too good......................a few jumped their pots, most still had smal buds coming up. Nice large tubers. Guess they like the osmocote I feed them in the fall.
IMG_4795.JPG
IMG_4794.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Also snatched a few pictures of the fish before I mucked up the water messing with the lilies. They love the hornwort in the deep end of the pond, always hanging out there.
IMG_4803.JPG
IMG_4805.JPG
IMG_4806.JPG
IMG_4807.JPG
IMG_4810.JPG
IMG_4811.JPG
IMG_4812.JPG
IMG_4815.JPG
IMG_4818.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It's hard to cut back lilies, especially the they're still blooming ....but you'll be glad you did once the temps drop ! Your fish a beautiful and the hornwort looks like a lush underwater forest :)

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The fish love the hornwort, they are always snacking on it, or whatever is on it including bugs lol.

It is a lot of work very glad to have that project done, pond looks naked now.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Still need to clip some of the pickerel rush and other plants back, but almost done with pond shut down. Leaving it running until we really head down in temp.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
How do you grow hornwort? Is it growing out of spilled kitty litter? I think I’d like to do that in my pond, but I know I’ll have to secure it to something to get it started.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve been busy baking. Need to find a way to make a face sized cream filled donut, out chief of police won the pie in the face contest, so at his own joking suggestion, I’m trying to make a giant donut. Tried cream puffs last night, that won’t work.

• Love
Reactions: j.w
Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How do you grow hornwort? Is it growing out of spilled kitty litter? I think I’d like to do that in my pond, but I know I’ll have to secure it to something to get it started.
I just tossed it in. No weights, no dirt except spilled litter etc on the bottom of the pond. It just grows. It seems to settle, set up roots down low and head to the sky. I have it in the 5 foot deep area also shallow areas, does not seem to care. I pulled a bunch out yesterday, stuff that was down in the area the lilies grow. Left all the hornwort in the deep part of the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
First batch of doughnuts not so great. Not sweet at all, very bland, and my powdered sugar tastes like perfume, not sure how/ why. So I’ll make some simple syrup to mix into the rest of the dough, and then glaze them in some

• Sad
Reactions: j.w
Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Working on rearranging living room, started to empty my aquarium, discovered I have a betta baby! Well, not so much baby now, I’m guessing it’s from this summer, when I had male and female betta in together, I’d found a few fish in there, thought they were guppies, just took a good look. Shorter stockier body, with longer anal fin, it’s a betta!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Update: 3 bettas! And I still have roughly 1/3 of the tank to drain and 1/2 of the fish to catch. So far, we have the very red one, a lighter blue and red, and a darker blue and red.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question