Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Rearranging the living room yesterday and today. But I work overnight tonight, so doing it in sections. Today should be tv, chairs, and entertainment center, and shubinkin tank. If I set it up like I want, and can fit them there, I’ll have plants all around the shubinkin tank! That might help keep kitties from drinking the water!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Watching it rain .Flood stage for Dan River is 17 feet and it is supposed to get up to almost 20 feet and then tomorrow winds come

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
New tank placement, with plants all around, I’ll be putting a grow light suspended over it, might add more plants around it, depending on space. Water is a bit cloudy, due to having pulled all the plants and drained the tank to move it, but I got to rearrange the many mini pots of lillies in a manner I like better.

Attachments

• 61D30161-DC19-4501-9A9C-55BD1F31ED1D.jpeg
    61D30161-DC19-4501-9A9C-55BD1F31ED1D.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 103
  • B0DC97A3-77F6-45D7-A478-38E378A6764D.jpeg
    B0DC97A3-77F6-45D7-A478-38E378A6764D.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 118
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
With grow light now suspended, and plants rearranged a bit. The purple glow is from the grow light, my plants like it! But my ammerylis is not doing so good. I need to support them, they are getting leggy and weak, which isn’t good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh those last photo's are psychedelic @JamieB :cool:
Yeah, the grow light makes them look odd. But, my plants like it, so I’ll see if it helps the lillies too. The darned pleco ate all the leaves and stalks, so I had to put them all in the shubinkin tank. I hope they weren’t killed/ damaged irreparably, I’d love to have tons of lillies this year, and if this works, I’ll try my hands with a tropical and try over wintering it in an aquarium.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I took the bosses cat I’m watching in for his neuter, and when I brought him back I found I need to get my dog to the vet. She likes to chase cars, I presume she got hit. Her back legs all swollen. But I don’t get paid till tomorrow, and I’ll be gone before they open, and all weekend, so I set an appointment for Monday. Meanwhile she gets to stay in, gets aspirin, and I wrapped her leg as well as I could. Can’t find the soft splint, so it’s all gauze wrap and ace wrap. Gah, it’s a day.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wellllllllllllllllllllll here is a update on what we have been doing. The condo, we had a short list of three (3) easy things to finish, time to head home.

Yesterday went over there, dear hubby says why is there water on the new bamboo floor? WELL.............. the floor squished when I walked over, water coming up in between the joints. We yank up the flooring, the new base board, water everywhere under the new floor filling the pantry out into the living room. Boards wet, buckling. We had two realtors coming over to see the place. One saw it with flooring one saw it with the flooring pulled up.

We call the association, got a issue, they send a plumber, all neighbors dry, all of our connections / lines dry. Plumber says must be a main line i.e. association issues.........yeah right what a pita to prove that. But finally the assoc. calls a leak finder company, BUT they can not come out until Monday. The plumber cut holes in the dry wall.

We call our insurance company tell them we have no clue on the issue yet, but start a claim. We are told to fix nothing, just keep using a shop vac to suck up the water. So we go over every 4ish hours to suck up a gallon or so of water.

I get in touch with a friend bee keep in MD ask him how his bees are doing food wise, he immediately says he will go over and feed ours............I start bawling...........

No clue on where or how this is going to end or when.

A gallon plus of water came in overnight, we have the units water turned off.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I am so so sorry this is happening after all the hard spent time you put into making everything look so nice. Hoping insurance will get right on this for you and no trouble w/the home owners association. This is just awful. One thing good tho is that all that stuff was gotten out of there before this happened. Nice of your bee friend to help look after your bees.

B

Burd

That blows. When I move in my new place, there was two hose bibs outside that didn’t have an access inside. And they weren’t the frost free type. I cut a panel in for both. Now you can inspect the pipes in the walls. Any outside hose bibs that could have frozen over the winter. If you forget and keep a hose on the frost free type they can still freeze. I did one. It was a slow leaker. It froze and bursted in the wall. They have to be able to drain out.

Last edited by a moderator:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol down here they have no freeze bibs. Seldom drops to 50 at night. A cold spell is 60f.

We will know more on Monday.

Ask a Question