Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ok, aquariums are set up. In the guppy breeder tank, since I’ll be growing lillies, I used non clumping cat litter as the substrate, and it really clouded up the water. Letting it settle before moving over fish. Ignore the mess, those counters were catching all kinds of random junk, so I’ve got to go organize around there. Baby bettas are back in the big tank, but the male looked sad with out his gf, so she’s staying in her vase, in his tank. Got to top off his tank still. But I’ve now got the lounge part of the couch tucked in the back corner of the living room, close to the fire place, with his tank on the table by me.

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Topped off the bettas. Did dishes while contemplating the guppies. I’m thinking if I pick my best 4-6 females, then 2 males at a time to go in and breed, I’ll see if I can breed the results I want. I’ll leave each set of males in there for a month or so, and add females if some of the younger ones develop the look I want to breed for. Meinwhile, the other will continue to breed as well, and I’ll have bettas to help cull them, sell some, and next year, I’ll put the plainest ones in the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Ment to post pics of the adult bettas. And my cozy cubby! The tables still a bit of a mess, I need to put my crystal bowl back up to play catch all!

Attachments

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wishing it was last week as i had just left the tail of the dragon 318 turns in 11 miles. And there was no addition to the tree shame from my part. Took the new car down and put her through the paces ......... drove back taking the Blue Ridge Parkway
20191110_083133.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
blue ridge is scary to drive .I love the views but not the twists and turns and then you get some cars who come flying up behind you like they are at the raceway .My fav place to go is Maggie Valley and the Cherokee area and the reservation is so pretty

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
blue ridge is scary to drive .I love the views but not the twists and turns and then you get some cars who come flying up behind you like they are at the raceway .My fav place to go is Maggie Valley and the Cherokee area and the reservation is so pretty
Aww - don't be scared to drive on the BRP. Those folk who fly up on your tail don't mean any harm - we're just the locals who use the parkway as a direct route from point A to point B. We try to be patient with the tourists:sneaky:. Sorry for any hurt feelings or scary experiences you might have had while passing through my 'neck of the woods'.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am not a tourist since I go often to visit friends .I prefer to slow down and see the sights .BRP runs along ways so I may not travel the sections you travel .But I really do not like it when it is rainy .I am used to fast travel I come from NJ where it is normal to go 80 and 90 MPH and as long as you do not change lanes often the cops mostly ignore you .I lived up there all my life and retired to southside in VA in 2004 .Down here it is a slower pace of life .I go back up when I get a chance and still drive like I live there .My one son still lives in NJ.Here I had to get used to everyone waving at you because up in NJ the only wave you get is 1 finger wave ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I live about 9 miles from the BRP (20-ish minutes drive from home) When I travel on it I'm typically heading to a specific destination to go hiking or into Blowing Rock NC, so I'm not really 'sight seeing'. Don't mind it in a bit of rain, but snow/icy conditions - NO WAY! It's the long way 'round if I'm not sure winter conditions will be good.
The 'country wave' thing does take some getting used to, but after ten years down here I'm in the habit. Once when I was back "home" (originally from the Chicago area) I waved at someone while driving past them in a parking lot out of that habit & boy-oh-boy! did I get a VERY strange look! lol :ROFLMAO:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess if mom and dad and my sisters had not moved down here I would have stayed in NJ but moved towards the lower end of NJ .We did have a house near AC that we remodeled but sold it when we heard the ford plant was closing and decided to move south to be near family .Know what you mean JW I had a bike and used to ride all the time in NJ but down here with these narrow back roads it is too risky .You have to almost get on the dirt to pass another vehicle .I love to look at scenery no matter how many times I pass the same thing I see something new .I was raised for awhile in PA as U was born there and still have my parents house there and some cousins and my Uncle Ivan still has the 1000 acre cow farm but he has passed away and his sons run it .They have wanted me to come up and stay in the old house that Uncle gave my parents to stay in .My parents decided not to live there when they moved up there as they wanted to be closer to town .They bought a Christmas tree farm on 30 acres that my cousins still run and they live in the house rent free and they pay the taxes and maintain the house .That was bought back in 1986 .Every state seems to have a different flavor to it as to customs .I like NC but VA was cheaper and closer to mom and dad ,actually hubbies parents .Not to confuse any one .I love the flea markets in NC and the Hillsville VA town wide flea market

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We finally are dumping the tiny stack washer dryer the tenant put in our laundry, she tossed out our full size units. This one is so small you can wash two sheets only.
And cleaning out the laundry room, still full of a lot of her stuff. And painting and doing new flooring, tile. Decided a new laundry set deserved a nice room. The room is 6x8

Darn busy weekend lol, they are delivering on Monday. We are also getting rid of the water heater and putting in a tankless one.

The pic is all the stuff we pulled out of it. Now need to toss and toss. We put out boxes of stuff and the "trash" pickers come by and get what they want.
a.JPG
IMG_3697.JPG

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh boy @addy1 you made a fine mess out there but I know soon all will look beautiful w/nice new tile and laundry appliances installed! Tankless will be nice and take up less room. Trash pickers are gonna love you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love the blue ridge on the Harley or the new ride but prefer the Harley by far.. between the scenery the wildlife the flora and all the hiking trails the blue ridge is no place to step on it . But in the same regard those looking into the tree line for a bear siting g or deer. need to be considerate and if other cars are stacked up behind you ;please use one of the multitude of pull offs and let people go on there way and continue to see the BRP at your pace.The tail of the dragon is not a place to be sight seeing that road has 318 curves in 11 miles and you need to be very attentive the entire way. if not for the road the for any trucks that might make there way onto the road no matter how good a driver they are on some of those turns there ass end of the trailer will be in your lane.. And if someone does come flying up on you in a corner that your doing 15 because that's what your car is comfortable doing. there's many others there in cars made for cornering that will do 30 around the very right hairpins . they are doing the speed limit in a car that can corner with ease. so pull over and let them go . after all if they are out of control and driving past there ability the last place you want them is behind you .

Ad

Advertisements

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never understood those stackable units ,they just seem useless .I would love picking through the stuff addy I want a tankless but would have to put in propane tank and a prefilter because of the iron in the well It is even a scarier road GBBUDD when it is foggy .I came back one time on it and one part would be clear and then you would turn a corner and run into a heavy fog that you could not hardly see any thing .Time to go shower all the saw dust off me from working on projects in the basement .

Ask a Question