JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I did a drawing for the first time since 2017.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It felt like Spring today so went out and straightened up all the wood chips in the garden beds that the squirrels, rabbits and birds rearranged!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today I got back from drill, lost an hour of time and spent too much money at Walmart, but got a good deal on an iris, a blue star creeper, and some red day lilly bulbs. Tomorrow I take the hurt dog to the vet, dad to his physical therapy, and hopefully don’t spend the rest of my paycheck on vet bills and car parts, cause if after the vet, I need to get my car worked on.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today the leak detection company is coming. The main water line from the meter to our turn off valve appears to be leaking............it runs under the concrete slabs of the condos. The one in front of us, at least that is how it looks to us.

Who knows how this will be fixed. The association is actually saying it is their responsibility, we will see when the bills start hitting and after the company says what will fix it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That should be their financial responsibility Addy. Hopefully they will reimburse you for the materials you already used.
Right now it is just time. We go over every 10ish hours and suck up about a gallon of water. We are losing 120 gallons every 12ish hours. It is going somewhere.
We were told to not turn off the meter valve.

So far we have spent no money in fixing, but we have loss a lot in ruined brand new flooring, new base board, dry wall. And time. We had a contract on the place, in negotiation stage, we may have loss that also. We were honest with the person wanting to buy, told him we had a leak, not in our lines but coming from outside. Since we had to rip up 50% of the new flooring, holes in drywall, new base gone. Figured if he came over it would be pretty obvious there was a problem..............

We need to get home, ie north, nephew still at our house, but bees, taxes, doc appointments, dentist.................can cancel all, bees are good since my friend fed them. I miss our home. Taxes our cpa says they need to have them in their hands by 4/1 or they may not get them done in time, to many put them off. I have all done before we left, just needed the 1099's they had not sent yet.

So will need someone overseeing the project, we may drive home and fly hubby back.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Kids are off school as we got around 8" of snow last night, so lot of snow shoveling with the kids this morning. I hope winter finishes up soon as I miss my pond, although another day or two snow sledding is always fun.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The leak detector was looking for the leak for 3 hours, he cut out the back of our bath Vanity, the dry wall was damp, saw some water coming down from the units upstairs. Went upstairs, the people right above us let him cut out the back of their Vanity, he was able to see the front units pipes, not right above us and found the leak. A copper joint was dripping. nicely running down the common pipe area and choosing to run into our unit.
So now see what our adjuster tells us tomorrow. We need moisture removal before any work can be done. Per one person that can take 2-4 weeks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ugh @addy1 looks like this will take awhile to fix and delay your selling. At least it was not under your foundation!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Heard back from the vet. Bad break just above the knee, may end up having to amputate as I don’t have the money for surgery and multiple follow up xrays for a procedure that may or may not work, and require amputation anyway. There is apparently a lot of blood pooled in that area, which could cause other complications , infection, etc, so I’m leant twords amputation as the most cost effective and least risk. I’ll be hearing from the vet in the morning, when I can get prices for everything. Poor pup, she got a raw deal. But bet she won’t be chasing cars anymore!

Ask a Question