water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just want to go home.................
We are heading north on Friday. Yippee! back to winter. The adjuster came today, we have the remediation company there right now working on removing moisture. They say a week or more to remove the moisture. They also spray for mold spores etc to make sure nothing has started growing.

Then once they say all is dry the restore part of the company comes in, brand new flooring, baseboard, maybe even a new bath Vanity. They may need to remove to get the moisture out of the main water flow area.

We are not needed we are gone! For once we don't need to do the fix up.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yay what a load off of you now. Go home and have a rest before you put it on the market!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Poor @addy1 you sure deserve a break!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Week 2 of my fish-in cycle is done and everything looks great, now I'm hoping to see Nitrite by the end of this week.

My task this winter was to name all my fish....well I named all the koi but cannot come up with names for the two shubbies.
... winter ends in less than two weeks, I'm running out of time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Week 2 of my fish-in cycle is done and everything looks great, now I'm hoping to see Nitrite by the end of this week.

My task this winter was to name all my fish....well I named all the koi but cannot come up with names for the two shubbies.
... winter ends in less than two weeks, I'm running out of time!View attachment 119124
Shui and bumpkin! Or shoe, and bunkin!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are home! A bit of snow the second day of driving.
The ponds look great, no floating fish bodies, no bodies at all. See a lot of them swimming around in front of the cams, still eating the hornwort.

The deer did a grooming job of the emerald green arborvitae, not as bad as the one year they stripped them almost to the trunk, but you can see they made them skinnier, with a nice thicker top where they could not reach.

Our hot tub pond survived the winter, we did not drain the lines outside of the tub, or plug to keep water out, ie in the shell, it got down to minus a few nights. Whew, was not sure if it would leak once things started to melt.

The condo is declared dry, 4 days of air movement and heat. Now we need to arrange fixing. We put a lock box on the door and have a friend that can go by and check up on it.

My task this winter was to name all my fish
lol I don't name them just say look at the pretty fish..............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Glad you made it home and can now relax and get back to your normal routine for awhile. Selling that place will be a good thing, one more less to deal with.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bees are calling, then the weeds, then ....................
rest is what comes when you are pushing up daisies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have decided she is an inspiration. Despite a rough start, getting dumped, loosing her leg, she just wants love. The brat thinks she’s a couch dog now! And she likes to snuggle by me, and wants to go run with the boys. One of my barn cats was being all lovey while I was trying to walk her, getting all underfoot. So she laid down on him! He was directly under her where she couldn’t step away, so she pinned him! So despite loosing a leg, she’s in good condition and a good mood.
On fishy notes, I lost a few due to ice in my mini temp pond. Despite my attempt at keeping a part open, it froze, and had ice about 6” thick at the top. As soon as we had a thaw, I fished them out. Mostly smaller ones. My big white boy is still good, so I’m excited to think of my new pond I’ll be digging this spring. The shubinkin are doing well, and the plants around the aquarium are loving the grow light. I bought blue iris for $1.00, small plant, but they are mini iris! Looks amazing in the grow light, the yellow part looks flourecent! I’m having all kinds of ideas for the pond, and plants around it. Now if only I could win the lottery so I could get it all done at once!

Attachments

• D3DFAF86-BE09-4005-9494-9E7C725C76D1.jpeg
    D3DFAF86-BE09-4005-9494-9E7C725C76D1.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 66741932-3725-4999-9AE8-81AFFFCB177A.jpeg
    66741932-3725-4999-9AE8-81AFFFCB177A.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 79

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
In case you were wondering, I'm still playing the most beautiful car game I've ever seen. Naturally, I spend nearly as much time in the photography mode as I do driving them around. :)

Ask a Question