j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Taking our bed apart so we can put a board under the head bottom floor part. Supposed to help w/acid reflux. Lot of work w/this bed w/drawers underneath and sections of whatever. Thought it would be easy. Just lift up and put under but nope. I said why not just use those slanted pillow things or stick something under the mattress? Nope, hubby says do it w/a board. Oh well it's his reflux! I can see us taking this all apart in the future when we slide down the bed to the floor :sleep:

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Worked on clearing the wooded area behind the ponds. The trees and brush are trying to take over again.

Attachments

• 20190316_132326.jpg
    20190316_132326.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20190316_132330.jpg
    20190316_132330.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 100

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got the pond running
20190316_124934.jpg

The bog with the first bit of water flowing.
20190316_124816.jpg

The red arrow is pointing to the lotus pond, the blue arrow is the garden hose waterfall, nothing but lotus and a lot of kitty litter. With the amount of kitty litter there is probably 150 gallons of water or less. Never cleaned, really stinks if you put your hand into the litter.

Goldfish are tough little fish. While yanking out some of the dead lotus leaves, stems, debris, etc. I saw at least 6 fish swimming around, courtesy of eggs flowing through the pump, the 35 foot garden hose, a water fall, to the first pond, then flowing into the second pond via a small waterfall. The pond is ice covered in the winter, no movement, no breather, things rotting and they survived just fine. One is around 7 inches, the rest smaller. Not saying the best thing for fish, but they are doing fine as accidental fish in a used to be fishless pond.
Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m ready for spring! My first daffodils bloomed today. A cluster I didn’t know was there! I worked 2-12:30, and have to go back around 8 to correct a few issues. Write ups will be given, as there is no reason for them to make the mistakes they did, and not complete their assignments. I’ve busyed my butt, the manager is getting exhausted, and they keep standing around doing very little. So I’ll be writing up two of them. So to calm down, I dig up bulbs that are popping up where they aren’t wanted, and moved a bunch. I’ll be headed out to move more shortly!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have bulbs showing up here and there, they have fun with them. My smaller ones are blooming. The rest just growing.

We moved 4 bee hives today, took some out to a farm to help with pollination, moved the two that were there. They did a great nectar gathering job last year. But she learned what having bees meant, choose a spot that they walk by all the time the bees did not like that. So we moved them to a less active area.
We moved two more out to her farm which also reduces the numbers of bees hanging out here.
She has a ton of clover, which we lack, the bees go crazy for clover.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Lots and lots and lots of bulbs! I’ll have plenty when I decide just where I want them. Same for the naked lady lillies, they’ve all multiplied over at least 10-12 years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My cats and dogs keep the worst of the squirrels at bay. They tend to prefer the oak and pecan trees to my bulbs. But a few have randomly popped up in odd spots that make me wonder if the pets or critters moved them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Taking our bed apart so we can put a board under the head bottom floor part. Supposed to help w/acid reflux. Lot of work w/this bed w/drawers underneath and sections of whatever. Thought it would be easy. Just lift up and put under but nope. I said why not just use those slanted pillow things or stick something under the mattress? Nope, hubby says do it w/a board. Oh well it's his reflux! I can see us taking this all apart in the future when we slide down the bed to the floor :sleep:
Or he could take Nexium, it works great!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I currently have several hundred daffodil bulbs dug up, plus lots of clusters still to be dug. I’m out of containers to put them in. But I need to move them from where they are, to containers till I decide where I want them, cause otherwise they’ll get mowed, or squashed by dogs. So don’t be surprised if I post some for trade on here! I know I’ve got more than I could ever find good places for. In fact, I think my boss may need some for her new place! But man, I feel it in my legs and back how much time I spent on them!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hauling ornamental grasses to dump back into the woods. Dear hubby using a chain saw to chop down, I haul. We got around 50% done yesterday. They are getting huge. A bit nippy, around 45 but makes good work temperatures.

Hauled 5 loads yesterday, need to cut and haul some more. The pile gets to around 15 feet tall when I am done and shrinks to almost nothing by fall. Great mulch pile, but full of poison ivy.

Capture.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 great on trimming the grasses but oh no on being near poison ivy o_O
lol I have learned I don't get off the tractor, use the bucket to push the grasses down our small hill in the woods.

Sitting here, goofing off, pouring rain, inch so far, watching the fish eat the hornwort. And one is constantly cleaning the camera lens, comes by just about every few hours.
cap1.JPG

Attachments

• cap2.JPG
    cap2.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 84
  • cap3.JPG
    cap3.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Capturex.JPG