addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
View attachment 119329@addy1 Have a good one and enjoy the day snuggling w/your honey :love:
Thanks we made a good 10 years. Starting year 11.
I bought him king crab legs. We were going to go out to eat, but called for heavy rains, flooding etc, so I decided to do some sea food shopping at our favorite sea food place. Crab dip, crab soup, shrimp stuffed with crab, potato skins with bacon and crab. Shrimp platter.
Think we like crab?

And making his favorite cake, sour cream pound cake with cream cheese icing. Takes around 2 hours to bake and it is sooooooooooooo good. 6 eggs, cup of butter and 3 cups of sugar, not good for you at all but so good. I make it around twice a year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Yum on all the food and I love crab and any kind of seafood! Enjoy your dinner................well you are prolly done by now and stuffed and settled in on the couch digesting it all :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today I think I’ll spend mostly getting stuff done inside. I need to. But I have a random plant I suspect is a peony coming up right by the path, it gets mowed and trampled every year, so I’m not sure just what it is. But I think it’s time to dig it up and move it. I’ve got a planter that’s big enough, and if I augment that soil with mulm and such, get it full of nutrients again, the plant should be ok.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Tally, that’s nice. I think I might steal an idea there, doing a wooden fence along part of the pond wide enough to be a table with benches to sit, eat, drink a glass of wine, and enjoy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ll be on night shift most of next week, so my boss made a few adjustments to the schedule, so I’ll be working longer days leading up to that point so I can have an extra day off before starting that shift. Oddly, I like night shift. And these longer hours give me time to get other stuff done.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cut more of the grasses, hauled another 5 tractor loads. Painted some of the bee bottom boards. Got a small pump and matala pre filter going in the hot tub pond.

Delivered some honey to a small store.

Another busy day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Yesterday we removed the solar cover from the pond. It was so wonderful to see my finned friends! The filter has a slow drip / leak, so hubby put on more the the roofing goop...hoping I can start it up today :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Well darn ! There is still a slow drip, even after hubby used the roof flashing stuff...he even shot it with the spray foam.

Ask a Question