Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m refilling the temp pond, had to do a clean out cause waste build up on the bottom was clouding the water. My pump for it died, and can’t get a new one till pay day. I’m thinking I’ll move a few of the inside lillies out, and bring in a few of the small fish, I’ve got one tiny bronze one, a large dark one, and a few others I think I’d like to observe, and tame down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Correction, I have 3 dark ones. Bronze color, they’ll probably end up plain orange, but as their color hasn’t changed yet, maybe they’ll stay bronze. I’ve brought in 5 to float and adjust to temps, and I’ll shift the others over. Then next week if temps are good, I’ll move the shubinkin out. Unlike these guys in gallon bags, I’ll have to do them in a tote, let it sit suspended for a few hours to slowly drop to outside temps, before releasing them. These I’ll give an hour.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
They won’t stay still for a good picture, but here they are. The purple light is my grow light for my plants. The lillies like it! I’m afraid I lost several small bits I’d started that put up leaves due to the voracious pleco, and I’ve got two large chunks I’m waiting to see show signed of life.
D66C629E-4BE8-48C6-986B-41BB1894647A.jpeg
75326E14-A12E-4E10-AFA3-E782B894D2C0.jpeg
7A6D207C-554D-45E1-AA16-9F5AB32AAB3E.jpeg
FC7E4499-77C1-4D64-B042-313C6A402624.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It’s my day off. Starting out right with a dr appointment, to hopefully get meds for the crud. Allergies are trying to turn into bronchitis. Waiting on dr now. It’s rainy, so I’ll be working inside most the day, I need to do water changes on both my tanks, change filters, and do more cleaning around the house. House work never ends.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Trip to Lowes to get some of the plumbing supplies for the filter change over. 150 gallon stock tank will become bog and I found my old 55 gallon barrel that was plumbed as a filter years ago.Still haven't tested it for leaks so picked up a tube of PL roof sealant. Tomorrow its back to Lowes for another 10 bags of pea gravel and the pvc pipe to put the hoops over the pond. It's now a rush job as we had a pair of bald eagles in the yard all morning so guessing there is a nest near by. Luckily, my water is still green so the fishes are safe.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
rainy day but already 54 degrees out and headed to my workshop to build stuff and then saturday my flea market day with my sister .Supposed to be 74 degrees tomorrow .I have so much to build and so little time .I picked up alot of rough cut wood for free from max kendall .The rock I had delivered last friday is getting spread by me and my wheelbarrow .I took out all the plants and the marble rocks and put them other places

Attachments

• 100_6859.JPG
    100_6859.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_6899.JPG
    100_6899.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 72
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today I got two big clusters of daffodils dug up, they filled a laundry basket, got them plus others planted where they’ll do better, but I still have roughly 4 baskets worth to dig up over time. I’m thinking I’ll move the temp pond to a spot where it’ll get some sun, I might do that this weekend after work. Ah so much to do in the yard!!!! And just as much to do inside as well.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bees, ponds, lilies, dog walking, grooming plants.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yesterday mowed and trimmed some and moved more gravel but first the flea market .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Takin the dogs to their favorite store, Petsmart. Then to pick up some online auction stuff hubby bought.

It's supposed to be nice outside again today although right now it's only 45 degrees. We put the canopy back on our gazebo yesterday, makes it feel more like summer.

Have steak to grill for dinner tonight. Hope to get more work done in the yard today as well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep yard work never ends .I grilled yesterday and hubby having corned beef today .Did more trimming and moved more gravel .

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Worked on pond filters yesterday so today it was back to clearing the areas around the ponds of dozens of small trees, brush and honeysuckle vines.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
United States
Fishroom. Clean clean clean water changes. Organized new equipment for the pond....again. Set up a new nano tank in the house. Busy weekend! Still snow in the woods and 20+ inches of ice on the lakes. Just keep staring at the pond cover when I walk by. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question