Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I worked. One of our regular guys locked himself out of his car on his way to get his wife from the hospital, so I loaned him my car to go get his spare keys, he came back and filled my tank. He got down right grumpy when I tried to tell him I didn’t need that, so... But now I’m home, and just observed my big white male chaseing the big pretty comet, which tells me that one is probably female, and I can expect more babies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Cleaned the fridge, did a total cleaning on it, then helped get the roof on the well set so they can finish it after tomorrow’s rain. Then went for groceries, filled the fridge! After dinner, I made two ice box cakes for Sunday. One chocolate hazelnut, one strawberry cheesecake. I cheated and used sugar wafers!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just did a quality control taste test one one of the cakes, the chocolate one. The sugar wafers were a bit too much, with their sugar cream filling. And the crispy wafer part achieved an odd chewy texture, but it oddly reminded me of a good chocolate eclair.

B

Burd

Making a sofa tray from a wine box , I I ordered a couple leather handles, it’s not glued together yet, just mocked up.
image.jpg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was finally going to clean and weed the butterfly garden today! NOT! Checked the cameras when I got up and noticed one out of focus. The underwater camera in the one pond is showing the treeline around the pond. Camera is no longer under water. The holding area below the bog plugged with string algae and emptied the pond. Less than a foot left in the deep end so a good cleaning of leaves off the bottom and fertilizing lilies and then refill.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sometimes life tracks you in a different direction. We checked the bees yesterday, have one close to swarming so going back to work on it today. I wanted to work on weeds, get my new cams working. Oh well another day

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had planned on cleaning out this pond, just not today. This will give me a chance to pull waterlilies and see how the Oil-dri media worked compared to kitty litter. The fish are not happy, someone stole their water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Go for a bike ride of course or a walk if it rains. Those are my rules Sun ride, Rain walk. Yesterday rode past an empty lot, well not really empty as full of garbage and old rv's etc. Saw smoke and noticed a small flatbad trailer w/wood piled on it burning. No one around so rode to fire station just up the street and told them. They went and put it out. Very strange to see a fire burning on top of a flat bed.

Just got notice from our neighbor our power will be out any time now as the power company is replacing a transformer for their new shop! Will be for several hours w/o power, ugh!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Slow work day for me today!
I should be happy and super excited, but the snow that keeps appearing in the forecast, and the huge Bullfrog on the side of my pond are dragging me down. It was about this time last year when I lost my butterfly Ogon to a Bullfrog, been relocating them ever since!
... but this one is a hard one to get, it jumps in the water before I can even get close.
I wish there was an emergency number I could call to get that frog outta here!
smsad3.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks @j.w I'm waiting for hubby to get home and help me capture the lil sucker...I cannot believe the size of the fish it can eat, if I hadn't seen it with my own eye I would've never had thought it was a frog that ate my fish last year

Ask a Question