Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Scratching my head and then the bearded chin saying if everyone is home due to this damn virus I find it odd this site is so quite.
Everyone is either 1) essential worker, thus not at home, 2) enjoying a good book, working on their pond/ garden, 3) sleeping. I’m suck with option 1, which prevents me from unlimited access to options 2&3

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Scratching my head and then the bearded chin saying if everyone is home due to this damn virus I find it odd this site is so quite.

I'd bet that it's quiet because no one is going out to get the pond and landscaping supplies they need. Usually there are a lot of new projects and upgrades going on this time of year, but everyone is home so there probably wont be as much traffic on the forum as usual.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Mowed the lawn, tried to get the kids off the computer and spent an hour with the wife trying to convince her to tell me where the remote is so I can prove there are more channels than the Hallmark movie channel.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
1) essential worker, thus not at home
Same here even with confirmed case we are back at it and driving home this time of night hardly a truck let alone any cars. Working the grave yard shift makes one wonder how close your really getting

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mowed the lawn, tried to get the kids off the computer and spent an hour with the wife trying to convince her to tell me where the remote is so I can prove there are more channels than the Hallmark movie channel.
Theres always LIFETIME AND CNN..........Both loaded with drama

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd bet that it's quiet because no one is going out to get the pond and landscaping supplies they need. Usually there are a lot of new projects and upgrades going on this time of year, but everyone is home so there probably wont be as much traffic on the forum as usual.
Everyone wants to come and hang here as the pond is a heck of a lot more entertaining then a back yard full of grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been out in the yard with my little assistant getting our pond set up

Attachments

• 20200404_165255.jpg
    20200404_165255.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 62

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today working our 5 hives that survived over at the farm, 1/2 mile from here. The owners just managed to get back from Egypt where they work all winter. They had a flight out, which got cancelled, then had another flight through dubia, dubia cancelled any flights in unless you were staying there. The university they work for had to hire a private plane to get them home. They flew into Chicago then into dulles then finally home. No testing, nobody asking about fevers, ie screening.

I told them we would be over, but to not come any where near us while we are there. Very nice people BTW. They still have 1.5 weeks of isolation and then I still will not trust them not to be carriers.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Going for a nice dry ride on my bike. Then come home and pull weeds. Every day we listen to the Covid news briefs and that lasts for a couple hours or more and then if our Governor speaks we listen to him. Hoping all this gets better soon!

1586102027312.jpeg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Tried once again to fix the bulkhead fitting on my Savio filter. No good so instead of using my last tube of PL goop, I cut off the fitting and ordered a new one. That pond is still green with just the small bog and a tiny filter. Hopefully pond store will ship soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I wish I was on overnights! I work first shift on weekends, second on week days, constantly dealing with John q Public, with customers coming in and with a drive thru. Almost refused a sale after watching a lady pick her nose at the drive thru, but just washed my hands for a solid minute after. We bleach everything every two hours, using germicidal bleach, mixed extra strong.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Putting my peas and tomatoes in a new area this year so I was getting that all set today. Had to move some of the natives I planted in that area last year. It was nice being outside and enjoying some decent weather.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sitting on the ground grooming the lirope, darn pissy bee started guarding me, flying around my head. Then of course gets caught in my hair. And of course it stings me right on my forehead, it hurts! Not enough flesh for a sting..............Not really swelling just hurts.

The bees are pissy this time of year, good nectar flow has not started yet.

Ask a Question