water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a cutie pie. just remember how cute when she gets a hold of a shoe
lol We picked up Missy when she was 4 months and 4 lbs, she never chewed on anything. Will see how this one does. And she is a he, we named him lil bear. We do have a baby play pen we use to contain if not eyes on. I told hubby we need to puppy proof, since it has been 7 years since we got Missy. Electric cords stuff laying around etc etc.

And the only shoes laying around are flip flops................

So sweet an boy they must really change colors when they start growing up I'm guessing!

Yorkies do that, they change colors as they age. Missy has kept her two black spots but she gained a ton of little spots that have faded a bit over time.
I "think" the black spots will stay on the pup, but only time will tell. The parents are fawn colored, they carry the recessive parti gene which creates the tri colored black spotted pups.

I had one that was born pure black and she ended up being pure white.

Missy at 4 months
20130609_083531.jpg

As she aged the black spots showed up
DSC06693.JPG

Then they faded a bit
20171202_114008(1).jpg

She also has what they call a cotton coat, per the breeder that too is a recessive gene, the breeder thinks Missy is a Biewer yorky. They have the parti color and the cotton coat. It has to be kept short as it matts horribly. This is around 6-7 weeks post grooming.
IMG_20150308_211814_765.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Since we are house bound, still busy, but.............. Probably not working the markets this summer. We decided our lil one would like a friend. So we started looking and a breeder over near Baltimore just had two puppies. Both parti color. A little girl and a little boy. We put down a deposit, crazy us, so in 11 weeks we will have a new fur baby and our lil Missy will have a new friend
She does not allow visitors for the first 6 weeks and keeps the pups until they are around 11 weeks. By then we should be able to drive to pick him up.
View attachment 127304View attachment 127305View attachment 127306.

Our current fur baby.

View attachment 127307

The parents View attachment 127308

View attachment 127309
Sounds like a good breeder. I cringe when people come in with 6 week old babies who should still be with mom. Nice pups!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like a good breeder. I cringe when people come in with 6 week old babies who should still be with mom. Nice pups!
She said they are not released until 11-12 weeks depending on how the pup is doing. We can visit if they ever lift driving restrictions, if not we will wait. It is a 1.5 hour drive. North east of Baltimore, no way we could explain that our trip was essential.
She will let us face time, skype etc any time we want. Can't be face time we don't have apple phones.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww nice! So glad you rescued the kitty!

We tried to pick up a shelter pup, did a lot of on line research. I am not sure why or how, but the ones around us had no dogs, were shut , no phone answering . A lot of cats but minimal dogs. We do not want the ones we did see, pit bulls, german shepards, rotties.

I tried rescue yorkie, the ones I found were out of state, did not allow to rescue without home visit which can't happen now. And no travel.

Of my 5 other yorkies 3 were rescues. One was found in the desert and given to us. They have all passed with age.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today started out nice, but a storm is moving in and winds are STRONG! And of course, I’ve got one cat, that decided bows the time to give birth. She picked a tree. Yep, a tree with a good sized hollow, I’d rough guess about 20 ish ft off the ground. I’d heard her meowing, as she’s a very vocal cat, and was looking all over, under the porch, around the car, till I pin pointed her up in the tree. I’m presuming she’s either in labor or tending babies now, as she hasn’t popped her head back out. The pic where my finger is in the frame points to where she’s at. I’ll see if we have a ladder sufficient to at least get me a peek after work tomorrow.

Attachments

• E3B192A6-359C-442C-AEC7-7C18B6148D3A.jpeg
    E3B192A6-359C-442C-AEC7-7C18B6148D3A.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 45
  • F07D6502-166D-4379-BFF3-356B28455360.jpeg
    F07D6502-166D-4379-BFF3-356B28455360.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 65
  • F61B3C04-2969-4628-BA8D-01AD0D47163B.jpeg
    F61B3C04-2969-4628-BA8D-01AD0D47163B.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 61

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow! Be careful, how about calling the fire department?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow, well I presume she can't stay in there w/the kittens can she? Much luck getting her and them out and do be safe! Crazy cat,lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They have rescue societies for all breeds of dogs .That is how I got peanut and no home visit and he was brought from Tenn. Strange as I knew the people but had not been in contact with them for over 20+ years .So our friendship is back .We had lost track of each other after she was laid off and her and her hubby moved to another state and then 1 thing after another we lost track of each other .They brought him to me here and now are looking for a house here since it is cheaper to live here now that they are retired .They went to the vet to get there 2 chihuahuas fixed and found out the female was already pregnant .She had 8 puppies and only 1 boy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
She had them. I heard one as I left for work this morning. I’ll try getting up for a peek when I get home. If these storms keep missing us that is. It’s an old tree, and if that hollow is the one I think it is, it’s plenty big for her and kittens, till their eyes open up at least, so I’ll let them stay there at least a week, before I try and set up a better location for her

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Winds are too strong. And chilly! Temps started dropping as a cold front moves in before I left work, and it got a bit chilly. I’m laying here listening to winds rip outside. But momma cat came down to eat, she seems in good shape, but was tender around the belly as I let her inside to eat, then promptly back out to go back to her babies.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Raining right now and hard winds coming with possible tornadoes.

Ask a Question