Whatcha doing today?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Spent all day yesterday spring cleaning inside. Pulled all winter linens and curtains and got everything washed and put away. Today was pond day. Both ponds have massive string algae going on so broke out kids plastic fan rake and cleared it all out, cleaned pumps and finally got my Savio back running after having it down all year. Waiting on delivery today of 2nd pond plant order, yesterdays delivery is in the greenhouse in a bucket. Weather permitting, all plants will go in tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@mrsclem jealous your pond plant order was shipped. I bought from Trickers and they're not shipping till mid May !

OMG, Blue Hero drama !!!! We have Mom here and we'd been on a short walk. We got home and Mom looked out our kitchen window and exclaimed there was a huge bird! It was a MASSIVE blue heron sitting on our new pool fence installed last Nov., looking right into the pond, covered by the shade sail !

I ran outside and chased it away......I panicked. I should have taken a moment and called my newfoundlands to scare it away. The net is on....tight as a drum !! Hubby hates the net, thinks it's ugly.....but we all know once they know the pond is there.....they'll be back.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jealous your pond plant order was shipped. I bought from Trickers and they're not shipping till mid May !
Tula- I ordered from 2 different companies. Both sail they were going to ship according to weather reports vs last frost dates. Estimated ship was early May. Both orders came in last 2 days so hopefully you will get yours soon. I'm cautious as some of mine are tropical and we had 30s this last week at night.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Watching it rain! We came over to our new old boat to move it to another slip, rain rain rain, except yesterday, no wind, no rain, sun, calm, we moved the boat that day. Not allowed to go out into the bay, but we could move it. A guy with , what looks like, a million dollar boat, helped us with the tying up. He just had his boat brought up from Florida where he has it taken for the winter. Has a crew drive it up.

Two other boaters helped with push rods and ropes to get it into the new slip. We have never driven this boat, need to take it out in the bay and play with the controls to learn it. It is called a low and slow move, engines running at idle, barely on to push the boat.

Now waiting for the high tide, coastal flooding to happen to make sure we have it tied correctly then heading back home.

Signing closing docs on our last rental in Florida on Monday, it is supposed to close on Friday. We will only have hubbies parents old home down there. Managed to sale three this winter, two right before the closing down. This one the tenants are buying they love it. 120 k below what I paid for it. (bought before the huge crash in 08) but we got rent since then.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was meant to be getting married yesterday but covid-19 put a stop to that 2 weeks ago. My partner had gotten me this guy as a wedding present but still decided to give him to me to keep spirits up. I have named him Bernard :)

Attachments

• 20200426_134448.jpg
    20200426_134448.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 41

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very graphic pics of brain surgery enclosed . family was very concerned for awhile because we thought he would not make it .All went well he survived and family is very happy on the outcome

Attachments

• 100_9935.JPG
    100_9935.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_9938.JPG
    100_9938.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_9946.JPG
    100_9946.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_9950.JPG
    100_9950.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 47

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Was meant to be getting married yesterday but covid-19 put a stop to that 2 weeks ago. My partner had gotten me this guy as a wedding present but still decided to give him to me to keep spirits up. I have named him Bernard :)
So sorry about your postponed wedding. My brother-in-laws daughter was to be married next month. They cancelled as well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep my nephew was to get married and they had to postpone also .I have yet to see but pics of my new greatgrandson Elliot and the other new one is do in August

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry about your postponed wedding. My brother-in-laws daughter was to be married next month. They cancelled as well.
Thank you :) just one of those things and bad timing unfortunately. We have re-schedueled for September so fingers crossed we will be ok 2nd time round. I hope your relatives manage to sort theirs out soon too without too much hassle

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you :) just one of those things and bad timing unfortunately. We have re-schedueled for September so fingers crossed we will be ok 2nd time round. I hope your relatives manage to sort theirs out soon too without too much hassle
Hubbies son got married, via zoom. All relatives friends on zoom watching, his son was walked down to the "alter" by his ex wife.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We have two new cow kitties. Momma was just alittle thick, I figure early pregnancy, no, just few babies. I discovered her as she was cleaning up the first one, thought that was it. She had the second while I was at work. Glad I set her up in my closet when I did, dispite hubby grumbling, so she could safely have them. I'll probably move them to thewash room, as I'm short a litter box for my room, it broke.

Attachments

• 20200428_004401.jpg
    20200428_004401.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 69

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that is why I had the 2 female stray cats fixed ,they can party but no kiities ,but they are cute

Ask a Question