Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The second stage of the outdoor fireplace is complete, now we have to wait for the insert to come in
I'm super happy that we were able to pour the cement yesterday, cause today, the rain is back!
smcloud2.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Thanks, it was a learning curve, not perfect but I am real happy! Hard to do the rail out in the weather, wind, sun, heat, possible rain...............
I love working with wood.
We recently had our upstairs hardwoods refinished. They showed me the stains on the bare stripped wood and wood that had been "water popped". I'd never heard that term before......they brush water over the bare wood to open the grain and it accepts the stain better, resulting in a very rich finish :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My Friday! I have Monday Tuesdays off, and my Ziggy is happy I’m hope. He woke me by using me as a launchpad to spring off of. I apparently didn’t get up for the alarm I had set for earlier so I could go help a friend. We’ve rescheduled for tomorrow. Last night wore me out. I’ve now got a good sized bruise on my arm from a case of beer attacking me as I stocked the beer cooler, it fell off its shelf. And I’m so tired I don’t even want food. Thinking I’ll be ignoring the phone tonight and sleeping instead.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We recently had our upstairs hardwoods refinished. They showed me the stains on the bare stripped wood and wood that had been "water popped". I'd never heard that term before......they brush water over the bare wood to open the grain and it accepts the stain better, resulting in a very rich finish :)
I didn't know they did that either, but it makes prefect sense to ease dehydration before staining

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My Friday! I have Monday Tuesdays off, and my Ziggy is happy I’m hope. He woke me by using me as a launchpad to spring off of. I apparently didn’t get up for the alarm I had set for earlier so I could go help a friend. We’ve rescheduled for tomorrow. Last night wore me out. I’ve now got a good sized bruise on my arm from a case of beer attacking me as I stocked the beer cooler, it fell off its shelf. And I’m so tired I don’t even want food. Thinking I’ll be ignoring the phone tonight and sleeping instead.
I hope you feel better today!
smawww.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I hope you feel better today! View attachment 134618
I slept a lot. Like most of the night. Was Physically and mentally exhausted but am refreshed. Need to top off the mini pond and get fish moved over, rebait mouse traps, and do some cleaning. Darn mice are still on my “ must destroy” list, I’m hearing them in the ceiling now. Lazy cats!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Managed to get hubby to go to town w me, got a few things we needed/ wanted, and then came home. I finished staining the wood on the mini pond, moved all the big fish over, still have to catch a handful of small ones, and the few from the other tank, and switch the bettas around. I’ve definitely got several hundred guppies, even with the younger one culling a few while he was in with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My pond pump came in. I’m excited to be able to use it next spring, I’ve just got to get that liner part done. Then set up the bog. My aquarium plants were supposed to be in today too, tracking shows they are in town, I’m just waiting for them to get here. Then I’ll be able to get them set up. I won’t lie, I was very impressed thinking the pump was the plants, that’s a big box, and if it had been plants I’d have been beyond excited to share the good vendor info with all here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Picking up granddaughter from school than going to the meat market for some bacon. Hubby is going to cook bacon and sausage on the outdoor griddle while I make fried potatoes and onions inside.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Packing some bags and getting cat crates out to be ready when ( or if, hopefully ) the evacuation order comes, we are only 2 miles from evacuation orders, luckily separated by a reservoir, so if lucky we may not have to leave.

Cameron peak fire for those wondering.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Packing some bags and getting cat crates out to be ready when ( or if, hopefully ) the evacuation order comes, we are only 2 miles from evacuation orders, luckily separated by a reservoir, so if lucky we may not have to leave.

Cameron peak fire for those wondering.
Wow stay safe, things can be replaced your life can't.

Ask a Question