Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just got star rank in Scouts BSA ( that is the new name ) :)

But now I have to think about getting a bunch more merit badges for life, not my favorite when you have to do it virtually, it just makes it like five times harder.
Sorry you are being forced to go through Scouts that way . Boy scouts were all about hands on and comradery. working together helping out your fellow scout . Not to be sitting behind computers and plexi glass and masks for something that is proven to be no threat to you at your stage of life. Its beyond sad that we cant even let our youth live without the politics of today being thrown at you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A neighbor had both of his cars out today. I rarely see both at the same time, so I snuck a photo. :)
Gotta love seeing them! I'd love either one.
More of a ford guy myself but its hard to beat that Camaro

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like they used mahogany on your trim and not teak it's hard to tell but you sure made it shine

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Walked in the rain for a couple hours. Cooking a pork roast in the slow cooker. Picked close to the last of my tomatoes I am growing in the green house.
Watched the Trump Card movie free online. Very informative and interesting! I recommend watching it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like they used mahogany on your trim and not teak it's hard to tell but you sure made it shine
I am not sure, the ladder runs look like teak, gray before , the rail had a different look the bit of bare wood that I had taken a pic of, but i am not sure it was down to bare wood.
20200604_095334.jpg
20200612_092232.jpg
_Resized_Resized_20200601_184343_ (2).jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a differance !!!! its amzing the before and afters .. i love refinishing wood and watching the character jump right out. i have spent more time on prep and sealing sanding and tricks to make wood shine then applying the top coat well worth the effort.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, it was a learning curve, not perfect but I am real happy! Hard to do the rail out in the weather, wind, sun, heat, possible rain...............
I love working with wood.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@addy1 Wow!! You do wonderful work!
I wish you lived closer, I would hire you to refinish a few things!
smbravo.gif

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Sorry you are being forced to go through Scouts that way . Boy scouts were all about hands on and comradery. working together helping out your fellow scout . Not to be sitting behind computers and plexi glass and masks for something that is proven to be no threat to you at your stage of life. Its beyond sad that we cant even let our youth live without the politics of today being thrown at you.
It was definitely more fun when we weren't like this, because now all we do at meetings is worry about staying six feet apart, blah blah blah,

and I get it, but it seems like we might as well just stop for a while rather than continue in such a forced fasion.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It was definitely more fun when we weren't like this, because now all we do at meetings is worry about staying six feet apart, blah blah blah,

and I get it, but it seems like we might as well just stop for a while rather than continue in such a forced fasion.
No I'm afraid we need to let you guys live. There 's such a minimal risk to the young .03 percent. You are way more likely to die in a car accident ,Our elected officials are so paranoid today it's disgusting. The average age of ALL those who have died from this pandemic is over United States of America To protect 75 year old's is Ludacris. Look around all your basic services are being met by the big box stores . But not by the individual mom and pop stores. They insist that the box stores know how to clean and keep you safe. You got to be kidding let the mom and pops open and you'll see what clean is all about . To insist that you put your lives on hold and even make you suffer as your schooling and socializing will be lacking . I know that may seem a little odd to you but its a large part of what's going on today where if our kids did wrong the only repercussion was looking at the corner for a minute or two. One group is doing anything they can to stretch this out. it is less then fair or right. We are human we get sick we fight it and move on, or we don't.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It sure look good before it got destroyed! Sorry you loss your boat!
Thanks. We have a land yacht now. I went into the new adventure will really low expectations. I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised. I am probably better off now. I know my wallet is. The most important thing is, the dog is happy.
mandy in rv 009.JPG

Ask a Question